When you're locked out of your account, you can use a backup code to sign in.
If you lost access to your backup codes, or if you were not the one who enabled two-factor authentication (2FA), you can log in to your account by sending a verification code to your email.
Using your email address to login
When you try to log in to your account you will be prompted to enter a 2FA code. If you don’t have access to your authenticator app here's how to login:
On the 2FA prompt, click Try another way.
A Verify it's you pop-up window appears.
Choose the authentication option you’d like to use.
- A pop-up window will appear. You must enter the code that corresponds to the option you chose to use.
For example, if you choose
Enter your Two-Factor verification backup codes this
If you click CANCEL, you'll return to the sign in
page again. If you want to use another type of authentication, click
Try another way.
- If you select Send a Two-Factor verification code to your email, go to your email inbox, locate the code and enter it into the SECURITY CODE field.
Once in your account, you can disable 2FA by following these steps:
- Go to the ACCOUNT page.
- Click on the PASSWORD & SECURITY tab.
- Under header TWO-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION, click DISABLE AUTHENTICATOR APP.
- Click PROCEED. You’ve successfully removed 2FA.
We strongly recommend re-enabling 2FA on your account to keep it secure. How to reactivate 2FA can be found here.