Use Unique Passwords
Enable Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)
- Two-Factor authentication allows you to require a code from a device you own before you can login, this makes it much more difficult for someone to gain unauthorized access. We currently support email, SMS, and app-based 2FA. Get protected now.
- Be sure to also protect your accounts for other services too. These services also support 2FA and it increases the security on your Epic account. You can find more information about enabling 2FA on those accounts here.
Verify Your Email Address
In case you haven’t done that already, we strongly recommend you verify the email address associated with your Epic account. This helps protect your account with our 2FA and makes it easier for Player Support to assist you in the event of any suspicious activity with your account.
Link Your Social Accounts for Extra Security
We offer support to integrate Facebook and Google logins with our Epic account system. This allows you to log into your Epic account without requiring a separate password as long as you’re actively logged into Google or Facebook. Please be sure to protect your social accounts with a unique password and 2FA.
Keep Your Devices Secure
- Don’t trust shared systems. You could be at a cyber cafe, library, school, or even a friend's house. If you don't use your own computer or console, then do not allow it to remember your account info.
- Use antivirus software and keep it up to date.
Don’t Buy or Share Accounts
- Account buying, selling, or sharing is not allowed. Any actions committed, or bans received on your account as a result of sharing are your responsibility as the account owner.
- Buying and selling accounts is against our terms of service and will result in an account ban.
Don’t Trust Suspicious Offers
Do not trust any suspicious offers for Epic Games products such as free titles or V-bucks. Don’t provide your login details on external sites. Any real offers will be displayed on the Epic Games Store or official Epic Games websites or social media channels.