The Epic Games store offers the ability to use a PIN to manage the acquisition of mature game content (including free games) based on ratings. All communications regarding parental controls are sent to the email address associated with the account.
To set up Parental Controls for the Epic Games store, follow the steps below to set up a PIN and manage controls.
- Go to your account settings via the Epic Games store launcher or the store website.
- SIGN IN to your account.
- Ensure you’re on the GENERAL navigation tab, and scroll to the PARENTAL CONTROLS section.
- Click BEGIN SETUP. The “Set Parental Controls PIN” window displays.
- Enter and confirm a 6-digit PIN.
- Click CONTINUE. The “Manage Store Parental Controls” window displays.
- Select your parental control preferences.
- PIN PREFERENCES - Toggled on, this option requires your PIN for every purchase.
- RATING SYSTEMS- Select the rating system to be used in the restrictions.
- ESRB - Entertainment Software Rating Board rating is based on age-appropriateness content and interactive elements.
- PEGI - Pan European Game Information uses recommendations based on age suitability of a game.
- GRAC - Game Rating and Administration Committee is the South Korean video game content rating board based on the nature of game contents.
- RESTRICT BY RATING - Select the level of rating that will require your PIN to purchase.
- Click SAVE.
Related article: Learn about Fortnite Parental Controls here.