If you receive a Self Update Failed error message that provides an error code like, or similar to, SU-PQE1223 or SU-PQR1603, this article contains steps that could resolve this.
Run the Epic Games Launcher as an Administrator
This will ensure that you're able to install games to protected folders on your computer.
- Locate your Epic Games Launcher shortcut. By default, you should see this on your desktop. If you don't see it on your desktop:
- Click on Start.
- Type Epic Games Launcher and follow the steps below.
- Right-click on your Epic Games Launcher shortcut.
- Click on Run as administrator.
Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables
Install Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012.
Install the latest version of the Epic Games Launcher.
You can download the latest version by visiting our website
and clicking Get Epic Games
in the upper right corner.
Confirm you have read/write access to the folder
- Navigate to your selected install location.
- Right-click and select Properties.
- Select the Security tab.
- Select your username in the Group or user names box.
- Verify that there is a check under Allow beside both Read and Write in the Permissions box.