This error is caused when you’re trying to install a game but the launcher is unable to do this due to a bad file.
Uninstall and reinstall your game
Removing the game’s current installation files and reinstalling may resolve your issue.
- Start the Epic Games Launcher.
- Click on your Library.
- Click on the three dots next to the game you are trying to play.
- Click on Uninstall.
- Restart the Epic Games Launcher and try to install your game again.
Manually remove and reinstall the game
If verifying your game files doesn't resolve the issue you can try to manually remove your game files from your computer.
- Close the Epic Games Launcher by right-clicking on the system tray icon and click on Exit.
- Locate the folder where you installed your game.
Note: The default installation directory is C:\Program Files\Epic Games\
Right-click on the game folder and click on Delete.
Restart the Epic Games Launcher.
Reinstall and try launching your game.