How do I use a proxy server to connect to the Epic Games Launcher?
If you’re on an Enterprise or academic network, you may be using a proxy server to connect to the internet. If you’re having connection issues while using the proxy server, try the following options to fix it.
"Use Proxy" in the Epic Games Launcher
- Open the Epic Games Launcher.
- Click Settings.
- Check the box next to Use Proxy.
- Enter the proxy server you are using. The server should be in the format IP:PORT. (Example: 220.127.116.11:8080)
- Restart the Epic Games Launcher and log in using your account credentials.
Using the -httpproxy command line
If you're unable to reach the settings menu in the Epic Games Launcher, you can use these steps to use the Epic Games Launcher.
- Locate the Epic Games Launcher shortcut, right-click it, and then click Properties.
- At the end of the target line add -httpproxy=[ip address].
- Click Apply.
- Start the Epic Games Launcher and follow the steps to use the "Use Proxy" feature as described above.
Note: Make sure to remove -httpproxy from the target line in your Epic Games Launcher shortcut when you have your proxy set in Use Proxy.
Set your proxy in your Game.ini file
Editing your Game.ini file will set your Use Proxy option in the Epic Games Launcher without having to open it.
- Navigate to your folder: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\EpicGamesLauncher\Saved\Config\Windows\
- Open your Game.ini file.
Note: If there is no Game.ini file in the directory you can manually create one.
- Add a [Launcher] section at the bottom of your Game.ini file with the OverrideProxyAddress set to your proxy IP:
- Save the file.
- Start the Epic Games Launcher.
Note: If you go to Settings in the Epic Games Launcher you will see that Use Proxy is configured to use your proxy.