Occasionally you may need to generate Epic Games Installer logs to help our support team troubleshoot issues installing our launcher:
- Place the Epic Games launcher installer .msi file on the root of the C: drive.
- Press Windows Key + R and enter the following:
- msiexec /i C:\EpicGamesLauncherInstaller.msi /L*V C:\EpicGamesInstallerLog.txt
- Use the exact name of the installer msi file in place of "EpicGamesLauncherInstaller.msi"
Note: Please make sure you include the .msi suffix when running the command; otherwise, you may experience errors while running the installer.
- Once the command is entered, press CTRL + SHIFT + ENTER to run it as an administrator.
This will run the installer and generate a log file called EpicGamesInstallerLog.txt. This will be saved on the root of your C: drive. Once you locate the text file attach it to your ticket if you have one and we’ll be happy to help you further.
- Open a terminal and enter the following line: open /Applications/Epic\ Games\ Launcher.app --args -debuglogging
- This will start the launcher. Allow it to run normally until your issue has been reproduced.
- Once you have reproduced the issue, close the launcher.
- In your terminal, enter the following line: open /Users/[YourUserNameHere]/Library/Logs/Unreal\ Engine/EpicGamesLauncher
- In the resulting window, right click on the EpicGamesLauncher folder and choose Compress "EpicGamesLauncher"
Once you have your logs generated attach them to your support ticket if you have one and we’ll be happy to help you further.