Fortnite is designed to run well on a wide variety of PC hardware so that as many players as possible can board the Battle Bus and play. To play Fortnite at its best on PC, we recommend the following system specifications.
Recommended System Requirements
Video Card: Nvidia GTX 960, AMD R9 280, or equivalent DX11 GPU
Video Memory: 2 GB VRAM
Processor: Core i5-7300U 3.5 GHz, AMD Ryzen 3 3300U, or equivalent
Memory: 8 GB RAM or higher
OS: Windows 10 64-bit
Minimum System Requirements
Video Card: Intel HD 4000 on PC; Intel Iris Pro 5200
Processor: Core i3-3225 3.3 GHz
Memory: 4GB RAM
OS: Windows 7/8/10 64-bit or Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6
Epic Quality Presets Specifications
Video Card: Nvidia GTX 1080, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, or equivalent GPU
Video Memory: 4 GB VRAM or higher
Processor: Intel Core i7-8700, AMD Ryzen 7 3700x or equivalent
Memory: 16 GB RAM or higher
Hard Drive: NVMe Solid State Drive
OS: Windows 10 64-bit
Mac computers must support Metal API. Check if your Mac supports Metal here.
Note: Fortnite no longer supports Nvidia cards on Mac.
If you just meet the minimum system requirements, Fortnite will run on your machine, but probably not on the highest settings. Reducing the graphics settings in Fortnite and disabling background apps will help.
How to verify your PC or Mac meets system requirements
- Click Start.
- Type System Information and press Enter.
- Go to the System Summary to view and review your operating system, type of processor, and amount of memory. Make sure these meet or exceed the requirements list above.
Fortnite requires a Core i3-3225 3.3 GHz and the system information file shows a Core i7-7600U 2.8GHz, which meets (and exceeds) the minimum system requirements.
- Click the + sign next to Components to expand the list.
- Click Display to show your video card(s).
- Review your video card(s) to ensure the minimum requirements are met.
Fortnite requires an Intel HD 4000 and the player’s file shows a Nvidia GeForce 940MX, which meets (and exceeds) the minimum system requirements.
- If you meet the requirements to run Fortnite but are having trouble use our troubleshooting articles here.
- Clicking the Apple icon in the top left corner and select About this Mac:
- Compare your macOS version, Processor, Memory and Graphics to the Fortnite system requirements.
As an example with the above Mac:
- macOS: 10.15.4
- Processor: Intel i9 2.4 GHz
- Memory: 32 GB
- Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500M
This Mac exceeds the requirements to run Fortnite as it as a higher version of macOS, a faster processor, more memory, and a good enough video card.
Note: Mac on Fortnite is not receiving any of the latest Fortnite updates and the playable version is 13.40.