If you see this error code, follow the steps below to verify your game files.
If you still see this error after you've verified your game files, it is likely that you're trying to play a version of the game that is no longer available, such as a press, beta, or alpha version. If this is the case, confirm the version of the game you own is still available to play.
LS-0013 error when trying to launch Pathfinder: Kingmaker can be fixed by re-installing Royal Ascension DLC
Verify the game files
Verifying your game files ensures your game is installed and updated properly. To verify your game files:
- Open the Epic Games Launcher.
- Click Library.
- Click the three dots next to the game you want to verify.
- Click Verify.
Depending on the size of the game, this process may take a while. Once it’s done, relaunch your game.
Clear the Launcher webcache
- Exit the Epic Games Launcher by right-clicking on the system tray icon in the bottom-right corner, and then click Exit.
- Press Windows key + R and type “%localappdata%” to open a File Explorer window.
- Open the Epic Games Launcher folder.
- Open the Saved folder.
- Click the webcache folder, and then delete it.
- Restart your computer and start the Epic Games Launcher.
- Exit the Epic Games Launcher.
- Open Finder.
- Click on Go then Go to Folder...
- Type ~/Library/Caches/com.epicgames.EpicGamesLauncher and press Enter.
- Drag the webcache folder to the Trash.
- Press control and click on Trash.
- Click on Empty Trash.
- Relaunch the Epic Games Launcher.
Disable background applications
Some background applications may be causing the installation to fail. Use this article: How do I disable background applications that could be interfering with the Epic Games Launcher? to disable your background applications and try again.
Games using another launcher in addition to the Epic Games Launcher
If you receive this error with a game that uses another launcher to run (i.e. Rockstar Game Services, Uplay), do the following:
- Right-click the shortcut for the non-Epic Games launcher (i.e. Uplay), and then click Run as administrator.
- Right-click the Epic Games Launcher shortcut, and then click on Run as administrator.
- Click Library in the Epic Games Launcher.
- Launch the game you want to play.
Confirm the version of the game you own is still available to play
Some game developers release alpha or beta versions of their game that you can play prior to the release of the full game. Contact the game developer's support team to find out whether the game you own is still available to play.
Fortnite: Disable administrator privileges
Disabling administrator privileges on all of Fortnite's executables may resolve this error code Here are the steps on how to do this:
- Navigate to Fortnite's executables (Default location: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Fortnite\FortniteGame\Binaries\Win64)
- For each of the following executable files, right-click on them and select Properties.
- Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Uncheck the box next to Run this program as an administrator.
- Click on Apply.
- Relaunch Fortnite.
Disable your firewalls
Often the quickest way to fix connection problems due to firewalls is to temporarily uninstall and/or disable it.
Note: This process is only for troubleshooting. If the connection issue is fixed after removing or disabling your firewall, make sure to manually add our products as exceptions to the firewall and try again.
Disable Windows Firewall
- Click on Start.
- Click on Control Panel.
- Click on System and Security.
- Click on Windows Firewall.
- Click on Turn Windows Firewall on or off (You might need to provide the Administrator password at this step)
- Under each Network location, select the Turn off Windows Firewall option
Uninstall any other firewalls
Using a third party firewall may prevent you from being able to connect to the Epic Games Launcher, Fortnite, or another Epic Games product. We recommend removing any third party firewalls temporarily to see if this resolves your issue. If it does resolve the problem, make sure to add the following executables as exceptions to your firewall:
Epic Games Launcher
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games\Launcher\Engine\Binaries\Win64\EpicGamesLauncher.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games\Launcher\Engine\Binaries\Win32\EpicGamesLauncher.exe
- C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Fortnite\FortniteGame\Binaries\Win64\FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping.exe
- C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Fortnite\FortniteGame\Binaries\Win64\FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping_BE.exe
- C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Fortnite\FortniteGame\Binaries\Win64\FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping_EAC.exe
- C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Fortnite\FortniteGame\Binaries\Win64\FortniteLauncher.exe
Note: Contact your firewall manufacturer for instructions on how to add these as exceptions to it as this varies between them.