There are three potential CDF errors that can be encountered when launching the Epic Games Store: CDF97, CDF98, and CDF99.
To resolve these errors, first try uninstalling and reinstalling the Epic Games Store:
- Click on Start or press the Windows key.
- Type Add or Remove Programs and press Enter.
- Look for the Epic Games Launcher in the list of apps and click on it.
- Click on Uninstall.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstall process.
- Once the uninstallation is done, open your internet browser and go to the Epic Games Store.
- Click on Get Epic Games in the top right corner to download the latest Epic Games Launcher installer.
- Double-click on the installer to begin the installation process.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and select the new installation directory when prompted.
If you continue to encounter CDF errors please try temporarily disabling any anti-virus software you may be using.