If you previously installed a game on your computer and removed the Epic Games Launcher or reinstalled Windows, there is no feature in the Epic Games Launcher that will detect the game files. However, there is a workaround that may detect previously downloaded games:
- Open the Epic Games Launcher.
- Go to your Library.
- Begin downloading the game you already have on your hard drive.
- After a few seconds of it downloading, pause the download.
- Exit the Epic Games Launcher by right-clicking the tray icon in the bottom right corner, and then click Exit.
- Copy the existing game files to the directory you began your download to (Default: C:\Program Files\[gamename]\)
Note: In your previously installed game make sure you delete the .egstore folder if it exists before copying the files to the new download directory.
- Start the Epic Games Launcher.
- Launch your game.
Note: You may have a small download happen but your game should launch without having to download all the game files.
Note: This process is a workaround and may not work for all games.