Creative mode in Fortnite allows you to freely create content on your own Creative Islands. Your islands offer you a place where you make the rules, filled with your favorite things and your favorite people. Claim your own personal island and start creating! Invent games with friends, and build your dream Fortnite experiences. Your island, your friends, your rules!
- Player Islands are your creative space that is automatically saved.
- The Creative Hub provides access to your own island, the islands of other friends who have joined on the server, or featured islands selected from the community.
- Players can keep a server active for up to 4 hours at a time.
- Battle Pass owners start with 4 islands to allow for different creations.
- Friends can visit your island, and island owners can set permissions to determine if your friends can edit/build while visiting.
- The My Island menu is accessible while on your island by pressing Tab and selecting My Island.
- Phone This is the in-game tool your character holds that’s used to edit, copy, and manipulate props in the world. Experiment with its features to discover all the things it can do.
- Fly modeFly mode allows players to quickly traverse their island and create in mid-air while editing. Double-tap your jump key to start flying. (Default key: Spacebar)
- My Island menu
- The Game tab starts and stops player-created games. When a game is stopped, your island reverts to its pre-game state.
Note: You may experience functionality issues with this feature as we continue to make improvements.
- The Settings tab sets health, fall damage, spawn location, etc., and can be changed at any time through the My Island menu.
- The UI tab sets the direction of the timer counting up or down, game winner and score display, round winner and score display, stats, and scoreboard settings.
- The Tools tab resets your island back to its original state and sets who can build on your island.
- The Description tab allows you to set your island name and provide a description which could include the instructions of how to play the game you create.
- The Permissions tab sets whether or not other players can edit and copy.
- Creative Inventory is accessed from the inventory menu or pressing Tab.
- Inventory allows you to spawn prefabs, devices, weapons, or consumables.
- Use Inventory to create your own chests or llamas for your island, filled with items you select.
- Prefabs are pre-made structures the player can place on their island with throwables.
- Devices are placeable items that allow you to create games.
Prefabs, Galleries, and Devices
These are assests created that you can spawn instantly on your island by added them to your quick bar.
Devices, Weapons, and Consumables
These are assests created that you can add to your weapon slots to be able to use them while on your island.
The memory bar at the top of the screen provides feedback on how much you can build on your island.
Note: This will change as we gather more data on performance and memory usage.
- Players can join in-progress games with any of their Epic friends, even if they aren’t in a party together.
- Find your friend in the social panel and select Join Creative Server. Your friend must have their Privacy option set to Friends or Public to allow those who aren’t in a party to join.
- Replays will record the entire 4-hour play session; however, the recordings are saved in 30-minute, individual files.
Note: Replays are set to off by default and can be enabled in the settings.
- Creative buttons were added to Mobile, as well as a new Creative visibility setting. Buttons with extra functionality are in the HUD Layout Tool.
Note: The Creative visibility is set to off by default, so buttons are hidden until Creative visibility is set to on.