If your account was reset unexpectedly to Level 1, and you’re missing purchases and progress, your console account was likely disconnected from your Epic Games account.
How could this happen?
Your Epic account is what holds all your saved data, not your connected console account. If your console account is disconnected from your Epic account, the next time you go to play on your console, it will have no Epic account to use. So, the game asks you to sign in or create a new account. Choosing not to sign in creates a new Epic account that has no data so you can keep playing. You can fix this issue by reconnecting your console account to your Epic account.
There are a few things you need to do to reconnect your console account and resolve the issue:
- Sign in to console account and register your Epic Games account
- Verify your email address
- Disconnect your console account from the account with no data
- Connect/link your console account to the desired Epic account
Sign in to console account and register your Epic Games account
First, you need to register your account so you can then disconnect the console account from the Epic account that was newly created.
- On your desktop computer: Go to Epicgames.com and make sure you’re signed out.
- Click on SIGN IN (or the silhouette icon)—do not sign in. The “Your Community Awaits” page displays.
- Click the icon for the console you want to connect to Epic. You should select the console you use to play an Epic game.
You’ll be prompted to register your account after signing in.
- Register your Epic account, completing all required fields. Then click SAVE CHANGES.
Verify your email address
When you register your account, an email is sent to the email address you provided, prompting you to verify the email address.
In the verification email, click VERIFY YOUR EMAIL, or copy and paste the link into your browser to go to the page. You’ll receive confirmation that your email was verified.
Disconnect your console account from the account with no data
When your email is verified, you can disconnect your console account from the Epic account you registered. Then, you can connect your console account to the Epic account that has your data.
- Go to your CONNECTED ACCOUNTS page.
- Click DISCONNECT under the console account you need to disconnect.
Connect/link your console account to the desired Epic account
When the console is disconnected, you can re-connect your console account to the Epic account that has your data.
- Select your display name in the menu bar. In the drop-down, click SIGN OUT.
- Stay in the Epic Games website and click SIGN IN (or the silhouette icon).
- Choose the sign in option for the console you just disconnected and Sign In. You’ll be directed to the following screen:
- Select Link to an Existing Account.
- SIGN IN using the Email and Password of the Epic account you want to link to your console.
Your registered Epic account is now re-connected to your console. The next time you play, you should see all of your progress and purchases. Have fun!