If your account was reset unexpectedly to Level 1, and you’re missing purchases and progress, your console account was likely unlinked from your Epic Games account.
How could this happen?
Your Epic account is what holds all your saved data, not your linked console account. If your console account is unlinked from your Epic account, the next time you go to play on your console, it will have no Epic account to use. So, the game asks you to sign in or create a new account. Choosing not to sign in creates a new Epic account that has no data, so you can keep playing. You can fix this issue by relinking your console account to your Epic account.
There are a few things you need to do to relink your console account and resolve the issue:
- Sign in to console account and register your Epic Games account
- Verify your email address
- Unlink your console account from the account with no data
- Link your console account to the desired Epic account
Sign in to console account and register your Epic Games account
First, you need to register your account, so you can then unlink the console account from the Epic account that was newly created.
- On your desktop computer: Go to Epicgames.com and make sure you’re signed out.
- Click on SIGN IN.
- Click the icon for the console you want to link to Epic. You should select the console you use to play an Epic game.
You’ll be prompted to register your account after signing in.
- Register your Epic account, completing all required fields. Then click SAVE CHANGES.
Verify your email address
When you register your account, an email is sent to the email address you provided, prompting you to verify the email address.
In the verification email, click VERIFY YOUR EMAIL, or copy and paste the link into your browser to go to the page. You’ll receive confirmation that your email was verified.
Unlink your console account from the account with no data
When your email is verified, you can unlink your console account from the Epic account you registered. Then, you can link your console account to the Epic account that has your data.
- Go to your CONNECTED ACCOUNTS page.
- Click DISCONNECT under the console account you need to unlink.
Link your console account to the desired Epic account
When the console is unlinked, you can relink your console account to the Epic account that has your data.
- Select your display name in the menu bar. In the drop-down, click SIGN OUT.
- Stay in the Epic Games website and click SIGN IN (or the silhouette icon).
- Choose the sign in option for the console you just unlinked and Sign In. You’ll be directed to the following screen:
- Select Link to an Existing Account.
- SIGN IN using the Email and Password of the Epic account you want to link to your console.
Your registered Epic account is now relink to your console. The next time you play, you should see all of your progress and purchases. Have fun!