To manage voice chat options for your party in Fortnite, follow these steps:
- In-game, select the social menu icon in the upper-left corner of the Lobby.
- Select Voice Chat tab.
- See the Voice Chat Options section for voice chat-related controls
- You can then select members of the voice chat channels individually to mute/unmute individuals
- Voice chat options - set your preference for who you wish to voice chat with:
- Everyone: you can hear everyone and also talk to them by using a microphone
- Friends & Teammates: you can hear friends and teammates and also talk to them by using a microphone
- Friends: you can hear friends and also talk to them by using a microphone
- Nobody: Epic voice chat is disabled
Note: Voice chat settings default to “Nobody”, while Text chat settings default to "Off", if you have indicated that you are under the age of 18. You can change the chat setting unless otherwise restricted by Parental Controls. For children under the age of 10, the max setting allowed for both Voice chat and Text chat is “Friends Only".
You also can MUTE, BLOCK, and REPORT individual players in a voice chat by selecting those options on their profile
- You can find your party privacy settings located on your player profile within Sidebar
- First tab within the Sidebar menu
- Party Joinability Settings (These settings are for how players join your party)
- Anyone: Friends, friends of friends, and other players in your match can join your party.
- Friends Only: Players on your friends list will be able to join your party.
- Invite Only: You or someone in your party have to invite players or accept their requests to join.
Note: Party Joinability settings default to “Invite Only” if you have indicated that you are under the age of 18.