Creators, get ready! We’ve put the final touches on Support-A-Creator 2.0. Here’s a breakdown of what you should know.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Can I Join Support-A-Creator 2.0?
- New Creators: Prospective Creators can apply beginning November 30, 2020 by visiting https://www.epicgames.com/affiliate. Anyone who has previously submitted a Support-A-Creator application that is either pending review or has not been approved will also need to re-apply on this date.
- Existing Creators: Current Support-A-Creator members will be asked to migrate their Support-A-Creator accounts in the coming months. These Creators will receive notifications within the portal and via email when it is time to begin the migration process. Creators will then be asked to review the new Support-A-Creator Creator Agreement and provide updated social media, tax, and payment information. Alternatively, for those Creators who do not wish to upgrade to Support-A-Creator 2.0, there will be a separate process to receive a final payout (if one is due) and leave the program.
What’s New in Support-A-Creator 2.0?
- A refreshed dashboard with a clearer earnings chart and poster images of other Epic Games Store titles.
- The age for program eligibility is now 13 years old in all eligible countries except South Korea, which remains 14 years old.
- The program is now open to Creators in Belarus, Central African Republic, Congo (DRC), Liberia, Libya, South Sudan, and Yemen.
- Introducing OAuth, a self-serve way for Creators to link social accounts to their Creator page.
- Creators have one year to earn $100 USD after receiving their Creator Code. Their Creator Code will be disabled if they fail to do so. This one-year timer resets each time a Creator earns $100 USD.
- After going through the initial signup process and receiving an active Creator Code, the Creator has 60 days to complete the payment setup process. If not completed, their Support-A-Creator privileges will be disabled.
I had a pending application under Support-A-Creator 1.0, how can I join the Support-A-Creator 2.0 program?
- Anyone who has previously submitted a Support-A-Creator application that is either pending review or has not been approved will be able to re-apply on November 30, 2020, when Support-A-Creator 2.0 begins accepting new applicants. Previous pending applications from Support-A-Creator 1.0 will not be processed and must re-apply to the new program.
How are creator codes generated?
- Your Creator Code is generated using your Epic Display Name. If there are special characters besides underscore or dash, we’ll remove them and add numbers to the end to make sure it’s typeable and unique.