Slashing - To attack with your Light weapon, Dual weapon, or Heavy weapon, swipe your finger across the screen in the direction you wish to attack.
Parrying - Parrying an enemy’s weapon attack requires timing and direction. Perform a swipe attack just before the Titan’s attack is going to hit you, and make sure to swipe in line with (or opposite to) the direction of the Titan’s attack.
Clashing - When a parry is successful, it will sometimes lead to a sword clash. Tap the screen repeatedly to push the enemy away, stunning them in the process and leaving them vulnerable to attack.
Blocking - Each weapon class handles blocking differently. Shields lose their strength after repeated blows. Even the strongest shield will eventually crack and no longer protect you. Blocking an elemental attack requires the correct elemental shield blocker (see Elemental Weapon Modifiers, below), otherwise you will block the blow but still take elemental damage. Shields are fully repaired between battles.
- Light Weapons – Hold the shield icon at the bottom center of the screen to continually block.
- Dual Weapons – When equipped with dual weapons, you cannot block.
- Heavy Weapons – When using a Heavy weapon, you can block to the left, middle, or right depending on the button you press. You will need to match the direction your opponent’s attack comes from in order to successfully block it.
Dodging - Many attacks can be avoided by dodging them. Touch the dodge icons (arrows) at the bottom of the screen to dodge in that direction. Look for indicators from your enemies to determine the correct direction and timing to dodge, since your character will return to his or her original position after a moment. You can also hold the dodge button for extra dodge time. Not all attacks can be dodged.
- Light Weapons – Press the left or right dodge buttons to avoid an attack.
- Dual Weapons – You dodge faster with Dual weapons equipped. You can dodge left or right using either of the arrow buttons. Pressing the center dodge button will make you duck with Siris and jump with Isa.
- Heavy Weapons – When using heavy weapons, you cannot dodge. Your only options are to parry or block.
Stabbing - Occasionally a round pulsing icon appears over enemies, which shows they are vulnerable to a stab attack. Touch the icon to stab the enemy in that location. Sometimes two or more stab attacks can be chained together for extra damage.
Combo Chains - Chain together attacks in different swipe directions for special combo moves. The Combos skill can be unlocked for both Siris and Isa by upgrading their Attack stats. Each weapon class has its own set of combos.
- Light Weapons
- 3-Hit Combo:
- 4-Hit Combo:
- 5-Hit Combo:
- Dual Weapons
- Combo Trigger:
Once this combo is triggered, every hit is a Combo Hit.
Secondary Combo (during Combo Hit): or or or
- Heavy Weapons
- Combo Trigger: or or or
Triggers a slash bonus, but ends the enemy will no longer be stunned.
Bonus Combo - Each weapon has its own unique combo. To access these, you first need to unlock the Weapon Custom Combo skill. Both Siris and Isa have this skill available by upgrading their Attack Stats.
Super Attack - Isa and Siris can each unlock the Super Attack ability by upgrading their Shield stats. Once the ability is unlocked, the Super Attack meter charges over time. Once full, tapping it instantly stuns your opponent and makes them vulnerable to special attacks.
Special Attacks - These powerful moves occur after performing your Super Attack move, or earning a Perfect Parry Boss Break? or a Perfect Block Break Boss. Occasionally Special Attacks initiate by chance - so always be ready! The type of Special Attack depends on the weapon class you have equipped:
- Light Weapons (Siris) – A stab followed by a shield bash.
- Dual Weapons (Siris) – Multiple stab points, which deliver lightning-fast strikes against an opponent.
- Heavy Weapons (Siris) – Opens the enemy for a series of slashes, which deliver punishing blows when you line them up with the on-screen guides.
- Light Weapons (Isa) – A sequence of precision stabs against an enemy.
- Dual Weapons (Isa) – A large number of stab points, which deliver lightning-fast strikes against an opponent once you’ve touched them all.
- Heavy Weapons (Isa) – Stabs followed by slash prompts.
Mega Hit - Siris can unlock this ability for both characters by upgrading his Attack Skill and earning the Mega Hit skill. Mega Hits are powerful strikes that can be delivered at the end of a Super Attack.