Announcement

Collapse

[Please Read] Forum Rules & Navigation

| Welcome to the Infinity Blade Forum |

It doesn't matter how many times, for it will always come back again! To help you get started with our new Forum:

Navigation
This forum is sub-divided into FIVE main categories:

General Discussion (GD)
Just about verything related to Infinity Blade goes here! Do you want to discuss lore? This is the place! Do you want to talk about forum activity or news? Same. Do you want to exchange ideas about how to play? Here is the place for that as well.

Questions
We love newcomers, and if there is one thing every one shares in common it would be "doubts". This is the place for those quick questions, so that once a question is answered others can profit from it too!

Clubs/Contests
Here you can find gameplay-associated contests and clubs managed by Forum members. If you would like to show off your skills, learn with the veterans, seeking exciting challenges and competition, then this is the place for you.

Tips/Guides
Looking for detailed gameplay guides and/or compilations of useful tips? This section contains the best bits of wisdom, experience and strategies that our Forum community has to offer, so to aid you in perfecting your skills in the Aegis Forms and much more.

Archive
Herein lies our Forum's "Vault of Tears" - lost memories of a past time, in another place.

Finally there is the ALL section - a catch-all page containing every threads under the aforementioned categories. This is where you can easily check out the most recent threads and posts regardless of the category they appear under.

Rules
Please do spare a minute or two to read our Forum Rules here: https://www.epicgames.com/infinityblade/forums/showthread.php?991083-Forum-Rules-Please-Read-it

Newcomers and old-timers alike, we hope you have a wonderful time here in this Forum!

Posted with permission from THX1138.IB3
See more
See less

The language of Pangean

Collapse
X

The language of Pangean

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The language of Pangean

Hi guys. OpRamdaman here, wanted to share some information I collected while playing IB1.

It's the language of Pangean. I don't know if I will go to write down every single word and it's meaning, but maybe I will if I get some support. Here's 20 minutes of translation work.

Yo-sa - I was/I will (I will when Siris spoke, I was when Archarin spoke)

Padre/Padrie - Father

Desini - Chosen

ila/il - Our

Ablitatas - Blood

Destinadas - Calling (Ila Destinadas - Our Calling)

Vorimos - People

La - This

Duma - End

Dum - Doom (Grammar: To be used when mentioning someone's fate)

Lorima - Now

Wa - Who

Nichi - Are you (Grammar: To be used when asked "Who")

Izoyu - Why

hara - Are you (Grammar: To be used when asked "Why")

Kusta - Imprisoned

Lo - Here

I will try to break the phrases into words if the community would like it.

Feedback is appreciated. Thank you.

There was a thread about cracking the Pangean language that has been buried. It could be in the Useful Thread Lists.
    It's cool that you have some translation though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. My mentality is consisted of grinding and Necromorphs.

Comment

Interesting project. For those of you with multiple devices, I wonder if holding a second device with the voice to text feature activated next to the first device while a cutscene is playing would help at all

Comment

I just go on YouTube and listen to it over and over and use the meaning to try and crack the language. More will be coming soon.

Comment

Whenever Siris starts a Bloodline he says "father, I will avenge you" or something, and in Pangean he uses the word 'Padre' which is the Spanish word for father. That's pretty much all I can offer; I haven't played much of IB1 to remember any specific phrases aside from that.

Comment

I love the technical stuff

We tried to crack the written language awhile back, but we discovered that it was just randomized

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowSlash17 View Post
              Whenever Siris starts a Bloodline he says "father, I will avenge you" or something, and in Pangean he uses the word 'Padre' which is the Spanish word for father. That's pretty much all I can offer; I haven't played much of IB1 to remember any specific phrases aside from that.
              He does say Padre (pronouncing as Pad-ree-Ay) which means father in Pangean, but says vega vunze which is translated to I will avenge you. But we know that "Yosa" means "I will", so I'm trying to discover whether to disregard that word or to discover if I can find out if it's related to Pangean grammar.

EDIT: Just added some more words and fixed the list a bit.

Comment

The language of Pangean

The language bears some similarity to english. I am thinking about ways to decipher the written language. I do not have any clues, though

EDIT: I read the post about the written language being randomized...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk cause I'm busy slaying stuff

Comment

The language of Pangean

Sorry for posting this like, 5 years to late, but I started playing the IB-games again since I heard Epic removed it from App-store, and I really wanted to share some information and possible grammar of Pangean that I've tried hard to figure out. I've been using both @OpRamdaman's dictionary and my own hearing to look for a logical language. I'm not saying any of this is accurate nor true, but is simply an attempt to make a real langauge of out Pangean.

Verbs:
                  Altough the language is just gibberish, there are surprisinly many "verbs" that follow a specific pattern. The only tense I've really figured out is the future, which I refer to as the future aspect not tense, since I don't know how the language deals with time.

The present aspect seems very irregular. I've found two possible endings -oh and -yan/-yal(r). Siris says -yan, Raidriar says -oh. Examples: Soske-yan valustey - I am the voice of freedom! // dim-oh = I am immortal!

For the past aspect I've only found one ending -ra which is used for the Second Person. -sa might also be possible but I've only found one sentence with it. Example: Ka-ra misi paghom = You have defeated my champions // Yo-sa desini = I was chosen

The future aspect has three endings, -ze (-zey) for First person, -sa (-say) for Second person and a possible -si (-siy/-sey) for Third Person. Example: Padreey, vega vun-zey = Father, I will avenge you!

Imperatives might end in -a or -r for Singular and -r for Plural. Example: Prok-a dutki ra dum = Prepare to meet your doom!

Nouns:
                  Nouns seem quite basic, I figured cases would be too complicated for this language, except in pronouns of course. There also dosn't seem to be any plural forms, other than -s or -m. Example: Kara mi-si pagho-m = You have defeated my champions.

Adjectives:

I thought adjectives might come after the noun since in the prolog, Raidriar says "Komprato Infinitiy" which translates as the infinity blade. Many enemies like Thane also use infinitiy as a synonym to blade or The (infinity) blade.

The language also seem to have rhymes. That's why the future aspects can both be -ze and -zey.
                  Most words ending in vowels end in a diphtong.
                  The word infinitiy is spelled with a -y, since it sounds like a diphtong to me.
                  The letter -
                  represents the Schwa /ə/

Vocabulary:
                  Here are some words I found during my "adventure"

Padrey / Padreey - Father

Hatashi - you

Vega - you (Accusative)

Ra/la - your

Mi - I, me, my

Mi-si - my (Plural)

Ablitata(s) - Blood

Paghom - Champion(s)

Komprato - Blade

Vunzey - I will avenge

Dutki - To meet

Proka - Prepare!

Kumunzey - I will bring peace

Soskeyan - I am the voice / I am justice

Deriusisti - Tyranny

Prohinsi - It will stop / I will end (Prolog of the game, I figured "it will stop" is a better translation since it ends in -si, which is already a familiar ending, however "I will end" was used in the in-game subtitles)

Heru - Hero

Hatuy - Tell me / (What) do you call yourself

Kara - You have defeated

Dimoh - Immortal / I am immortal (Subtitles said both)

La - this

Duma - End / ends

Lorima / Norima - Now

vi - That / the

Ila / Il - Our (Ila for words ending in a consonant, Il for words ending in a vowel)

Vorimos - People

Destinadas - Calling

Kopachita - Blade, weapon

Yosama - It means, it is capable of [Thane's line: vi infinti kopachita yosama, yosama kinifada lo osafoh - that blade you hold, do you know what it means? what it is capable of?]

He - and (Only found once, so I doubt it's very productive)

Arakastano / Arakasta - Imprisoned

Khor - Welcome

Khor- Begin

Udernah verduvando - Foolish mortal

Amasi - It has been centuries [Amasi komperheru, hatuy komisimi - It has been centuries since a Mortal dared to challenge me. Tell me hero, what do you call youself]

Esoyu - Why [Esoyu arakasta lo - Why are you imprisoned here]

I might update the list of words or edit the grammar a bit later. If anyone even sees this. I might also add vowels with macrons to lengthen certain vowels.

Comment

Working...
                  X