Paragon of Community: Skwonto
- Hey Skwonto! Thanks for taking the time to talk to us. Why don't we kick this off with some general information about you. Who are you and how long have you been playing Paragon?
Hello! First of all, thank you so much for having me here! Paragon has become part of my daily life so the pleasure is all mine. My name is Skwonto but you can call me Sarah or you can call me tonight (I literally say this to every newcomer in my stream). I started playing Paragon end of January 2017 so my one year is coming up!
- Most of us can think back to that one game that really captured us and got us into gaming. What was yours?
I grew up loving video games. I remember on my 12th birthday my parents bought me a Nintendo 64 and Super Mario 64 was my very first game. I took a break from gaming for quite some time and then got back into it when I was in college. During my college years, all I ever played was Call of Duty!
- What sparked your initial interest in streaming?
So back when I used to play COD with my friends, they told me about this thing called Twitch where people watch you play video games. At first I thought that was a really weird concept but my friends kept insisting that I try it out. I tried it out maybe four times in 2014 on my PS4 and it was chill. I never turned it back on until this past January! Paragon was the first game I streamed when I returned and.. the sole reason I continued streaming.
- It takes some pretty serious dedication and discipline to stream as regularly as you do. What has been the most rewarding aspect of streaming up to this point?
I tell my orca family this very often but being able to build friendships, share life experiences, and do this thing called life together will always be the most rewarding aspect of streaming. Nothing else comes close.
- .. Orca family?
Orca family is what I call my community. Hahaha. Orca whales are my favorite animals. They travel in pods which is another word for family and that's what I view my community as.. a family. We call ourselves the orca family/pod!
- Was Paragon your first MOBA or did you have experience with the genre prior?
Paragon was my very first MOBA! So when I first turned this game on, I was completely lost. First tip from my friends was, "Don't go past the river early game." Haha, you can only imagine how passive I played.
- What lane or role/lane do you typically find yourself playing in Paragon? Who's your absolute favorite Hero?
I love playing the midlane. I was known to be the one trick pony with Gadget so that answers the next question. Gadget will always be my first love, but Belica comes a close second!
- Outside of gaming and streaming on Twitch, what are your other interests?
I like to spend time with my family and friends. I play flag football, go hiking, and love snowboarding so I try to be as active as possible!
- One interesting fact that people may not know about you. 1.. 2.. 3.. Go!
My dream goal is to open up an orphanage!
- Where can others reach out to you and check out your content?
You can find me on twitch.tv/skwonto or on Twitter at twitter.com/skwontotwitch
- Thanks for the interview, Skwonto! Do you have any last Paragon knowledge or words you'd like to share with the community before signing off?
I haven't been part of the Paragon community as long as some streamers here, but have seen the game go through two huge changes. I know change can be scary at first, but always give things a try.