JOIN OUR TEAM
Mediatonic is a team of over 300 exceptionally talented and seriously hardworking people. We devote our careers to crafting awesome original games in the hopes of bringing a little more joy into the world.
As a creative business, we recognise that creativity is best inspired by different experiences and perspectives. We strive to create a culture of belonging, where all our colleagues feel welcome, supported and diversity is celebrated. We passionately believe that games are for everyone, whether we’re playing or creating them.
What We Do
As QA lead on one of the project verticals you will be responsible for the coordination of a team of internal and external testers. You'll lead the tea, through the thick of development, whilst leading the creation of testing strategies and plans for future Fall Guys features and tools.
What You'll Do
We're looking for a QA Lead to evangelise QA and represent the QA team to the rest of the franchise. You'll be calling upon all your experience in testing at a senior or lead level on a mid to large size game project, a strong technical background, a solid knack for test planning, great team leadership skills, and a passion for games, to help us take Fall Guys to the next level.
In This Role You Will
- Lead from the front, documenting bugs with concise repro steps, whilst ensuring the same level of quality is evident with other team members work.
- Work hand-in-hand with production and the wider development team to proactively decrease the number of bugs that are introduced into the game.
- Provide regular status updates and trends to stakeholders and the wider development team.
- Communicate issues, risks and test status in a timely and detailed manner.
- Feedback to design and development teams on specs created to catch issues on features before they are developed.
- Creation and maintenance of test plans and cases.
- Line manage team members and mentor the more junior and newer team members in the QA process.
- Assign and oversee test sessions for both internal and external team members to ensure quality coverage of the incoming pipeline.
- Responsible for kicking off and configuring builds and multiplayer environments for general QA use.
- Manage external QA teams to help ensure we have the right coverage for our testing needs.
- Play a key role in identifying ways we can improve our QA process and tech, plus be able to define requirements to be shared with other teams for support in building out improvements.
What We're Looking For
- Previous experience as a team lead on a shipped aconsole, PC or mobile game and be fully familiar with publisher standards.
- Familiar with common bug databases and test planning tools. Knowledge of Azure DevOps and Testrail in particular a bonus.
- You’re user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Nice To Have Skills
- Strong understanding of software quality assurance practices and agile workflows.
- Self-driven, problem-solver and a great team player.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, must be able to confidently communicate with the key stakeholders and the wider development team.
- Proven track record for meeting deadlines and schedules.