WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Engineering at Epic
What we do
Create and maintain a proactive and stable IT environment as well as provide IT support to our Epic people. You will be empowered to shape processes that deliver optimised IT service across our business. Work with emerging technologies while enabling IT success for everyone. By being deeply embedded as a local IT for the 3Lateral/Cubic Motion team (Digital Human Initiative), you would evaluate initiative business needs and determine how it can be supported by leveraging software, hardware or infrastructure and make sure that they are in alignment with the rest of the company.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for an IT Solution Architect who will be responsible for designing, deploying and managing the next generation of 4D volumetric capture systems, network and compute solutions via integration of a broad spectrum of individual hardware and software technologies. What we are doing bears similarity to High-Performance Computing (data acquisition from a large number of machine vision cameras, data management, high-bandwidth low latency network, cloud and hyper-converged computing, petabytes of storage, GPU enabled compute systems for data processing, mix of Windows and Linux compute clusters)
In this position, you'll be asked to partner with cross-functional groups across the organisation including various global hardware and software development, product management and research team members, vendors, VARs and more. You will be participating in all aspects of the DHI (Digital Human Initiative) IT infrastructure life cycle, development and solutions, including gathering of requirements, planning, implementation, testing, quality assurance and documentation. We are looking for individuals who are innovative, organized and have exceptional communication skills.
In this role, you will
- Work on the architecture design, configuration, deployment and ongoing management of global HPC data acquisition and data processing infrastructure (including operating systems, software defined storage solutions and networking devices)
- Serve as a solution developer, problem solver and IT project manager/coordinator
- Investigate industry trends and create opportunities to conduct proof-of-concept testing to determine the business value of new technology in order to address expanding requirements.
- Identify and implement new services and opportunities for improving automation & orchestration across the DHI infrastructure
- Develop and foster relationships with key strategic original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), vendors, VARs, contractors and clients.
- Plan out projects and be involved in project management decisions
- Help the task Lead and Project managers in planning
- Work with programming and technical staff in all aspects of daily work in order to understand the needs of stakeholders across the broad range of IT services
- Gather stakeholder ideas/requirements, understand project goals and achieve them by developing appropriate technical solutions, plans and work schedules
- Participate in development, management and tracking of DHI annual budget
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
What we’re looking for
- Advanced knowledge of IT infrastructure concepts and paradigms including storage, compute, networking, virtualization, backup, security and container technologies
- Insights into private and hybrid cloud concepts and IaaC business logic with automation as engineering vector
- Advanced knowledge of modern big data solutions, data services and data security concepts
- Advanced knowledge of systems integration, leveraging such knowledge to deploy complex systems integration solutions
- Experience with data centre pod design and fibre optic network infrastructure
- In-depth knowledge of Linux OS
- Proficiency with project management fundamentals (e.g., work plans, schedules, resource plans, and status reports) and Agile methodologies
- Experience leading IT project planning and implementation
- Must be able to make sound decisions based on incomplete information, while under pressure, and while maintaining project focus.
- Ability to build trust and strategic partnerships with assigned business area contacts, project teams and leadership to facilitate bi-directional communication in regards to planning, programming, operations, architecture, data processing, data security, networks, systems support, and analysis
- Deep, thorough understanding of supported business processes
- Ability to challenge the status quo for established work procedures and practices, with the goal of improving efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and demanding environment and make decisions quickly
- Bachelor’s degree in IT Engineering, Computer Science or Mathematics,
- Five years of experience in one of the following fields: information technology, system administration, or high-performance computing.
Nice to have skills
- Experience with Linux Container solutions (Docker) and orchestration tools (Kubernetes)
- Experience with Cloud Computing Services (AWS)
- Experience with version control systems such as Git
- Familiarity or experience with Ansible, Powershell, Jenkins and Terraform
- Familiarity with Artificial Intelligence technologies, such as general machine learning algorithms and neural networks
- Familiarity with system administration, monitoring, and maintenance of secure HPC environments
- In-depth knowledge of Windows OS
Being a part of 3Lateral team
Our mission is to evolve through exploring abstract landscapes of art and science, exciting new technologies and, most importantly, through nurturing continuous multi-disciplinary communication and company values among our team members. Our talented and devoted individuals are all gathered around the same vision of creating and constantly improving technology that allows creation of high-fidelity replicas of human appearance and motion with special focus on real time and usable across all digital mediums.
In order to ensure a supportive and collaborative environment we:
- Enable professional long-term career development through continuous education and specialization
- Work with exciting new technologies and ambitious, industry changing, projects
- Attendance at the leading seminars and conferences from the industry
- Sustain personal goals through family-oriented work regulations
- Empower autonomy of thinking and acting
- Pleasant working atmosphere in our cozy offices with friendly and well-minded individuals
- Work from home model during pandemic
We are looking for new team members who can inspire us and are willing to give us a chance to inspire them, contribute to their ideas, skills and knowledge. With joint forces with our mother company Epic Games we are continually developing the state of the art in Unreal Engine as a leading team for creation of next generation virtual humans and creatures.