What Makes Us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented and passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating. Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users.
What We Do
Twinmotion is a desktop application with cloud components built on Unreal Engine.Our tool is easy to use and allows quick creation of high-quality visualizations for architecture, construction, urban planning, landscaping and more. As part of the Epic family, we are a kind, innovative and passionate group of individuals mainly working from Strasbourg and Montreal.
What You'll Do
You will be playing a key role in our QA organization. The Twinmotion features you will be responsible for are strategic to all our customers’s workflow. You will have the chance to not only work closely with the Twinmotion team, but also to interact frequently with the Unreal Engine Datasmith team. This position will give you the opportunity to grow your expertise in the domain of 3D Visualization Interoperability.
In This Role You Will
- Work closely with engineering, product management, and QA management to define acceptance criteria, identify risks, and plan testing coverage for Twinmotion import and export functionalities.
- Work in collaboration with the Unreal Engine Datasmith Team to identify dependencies, track milestones and adjust test planning consequently.
- Participate in team planning meetings to help define testing scope for a given sprint.
- Find the root cause of issues on features in development methodically and rigorously and document high quality bug reports in our database for engineering to come to a resolution.
- Validate features work and Bug fixes as they get available during the Sprint.
- Collaborate with our test automation team to gather client projects coming from various 3D CAD programs and develop test scenarios for them to automate.
- Actively participate in our Beta program to gather information around user’s experience, inform beta sites about already known issues and workaround and document newly reported bugs.
- Work in collaboration with the support team to document known bugs and offer workaround to clients on the released versions.
- Create user workflow test scenarios and execute them during regression testing phases
What We're Looking For
- 3+ years of experience in using 3D CAD programs such as Revit, SketchUp, Archicad, Rhino in Architecture 3D visualization, Landscape Design or Interior Design.
- Strong understanding of 3D concepts and applications such as 3DS Max, Maya, C4D, Blender.
- Ability to write effective and efficient test cases based on complex systems and features
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to express complex ideas, designs, and issues to both technical and non-technical staff.
- Excellent collaboration skills, with the ability to work without too much supervision in a complex and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Proven track record of successful contributions to the release of high-quality projects.
- Technical understanding of Windows and Mac operating systems and platforms.
- Ability to thrive while working in a fast-paced working environment, with the ability to juggle multiple tasks.
- Strong English speaking and writing skills is essential.
You’re user-focused, passionate, self-driven, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Nice To Have Skills
- Understanding of test methodologies in an Agile iterative development environment.
- Experience with Unreal Engine.
- Bilingual (English French) would be very nice to have
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
We pay 100% for benefits for both employees and dependents and offer coverage for supplemental medical, dental, vision, critical illness, telemedicine, Life and AD&D, long term disability insurance as well as weekly indemnity (short term disability), retirement savings plan, EAP (employee assistance program), meals and transportation.
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 3,000+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.