WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Epic IT's mission is to build and support a technology platform where every person and every team at Epic can do their best work. We are driven to maximize productivity by leveraging our technology in innovative ways. You will be empowered to create and build IT services across our business.
What You'll Do
Epic’s IT Engineering Team is looking for an infrastructure engineer who is detail-oriented, passionate about new technologies and hardware, and who thrives in fast-paced environments. Infrastructure engineers generally work with numerous software programs, clients, and other technical staff. Their responsibilities include deploying, upgrading and improving operating environments, creating repair strategies, and providing technical support and training for users and operators.
In This Role You Will
- Installing, maintaining, and operating infrastructure in on-premise and hybrid cloud environments.
- Define and maintain physical layer standards across data center, IDF, wiring closets, and physical deployments at Epic sites.
- Working with Operations teams to define observability requirements, as-built documentation, and developing processes and deployment methodologies to maintain services and infrastructure.
- Providing technical support, troubleshooting, and complex problem resolution on issues related to environment performance and stability.
- Respond to reactive/break-fix type issues.
- Act as an escalation point with Support and Operations teams and provide training where necessary.
- Ensuring operating environments stay safe and secure.
- Define software and hardware update lifecycles.
- Participating and assisting with 24x7 support of the environment
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years full time professional experience supporting and designing production infrastructure environments
- 2+ years experience deploying and maintaining environments with infrastructure as code approaches and tools (SCM/Git, Packer, Terraform, Anisible, Chef, or Salt, and leveraging CI/CD systems to get work done)
- Proficient in networking, compute, virtualization, backups and storage in both on premise and cloud environments.
- Proficient with directory services and integrations with 3rd party systems
- Experience with all major operating systems (Windows, Linux, IOS, NetApp ONTAP)
- Experience with maintaining services within AWS
- Expertise with systems/protocols: DNS, NTP, DHCP, SMB, NFS, iSCSI
- Familiarity with different caching and proxy technologies
Nice To Have Skills
Preference for candidates with:
- Experience with observability systems such as New Relic, Logic Monitor, Splunk, OpsGenie
- Familiarity with VMWare, NetApp, Rubrik, Dell server hardware and management systems
- Advanced usage of Ansible, such as roles, requirements, and setting up transportable environments with the use of pyenv/pipenv
- Familiarity with Terraform and creating modules, building local and cloud infrastructure
- Experience with complex Jenkins pipelines tying together Terraform and Ansible, along with gates and user inputs
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 3,000+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.