Psyonix is a video game developer best known for Rocket League, the award-winning game that combines soccer, driving, and highly competitive gameplay. As part of the Epic Games family, we are an industry-leading game studio rooted in a crunch-free philosophy that emphasizes an amazing employee experience, located in the heart of San Diego. For nearly 20 years, we have been a driving force behind some of the most successful games in the industry, including Gears of War, Mass Effect 3, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Bulletstorm, Unreal Tournament III and Unreal Tournament 2004.
What We Do
Psyonix is a video game developer best known for Rocket League, the award-winning game that combines soccer, driving, and highly competitive and addictive gameplay. As part of the Epic Games family, we are an industry-leading game studio rooted in a crunch-free philosophy that emphasizes an amazing employee experience, located in the heart of San Diego.
What You'll Do
Psyonix is seeking an Esports Producer to work on Rocket League and future projects. Psyonix would like you to support the team execute their initiatives and own the Esports Production roadmap. Our production culture is one of facilitation, organizing, and creating clarity in a rapid and agile development environment. Our ideal candidate must be self motivated and collaborative.
In This Role You Will
- Work closely with the Esports team to translate their goals into actionable delivery plans.
- Help create and own schedules, manage tasks, regularly share team status to stakeholders, coordinate reviews, and resolve obstacles.
- Ensure all teams are delivering at a high quality level by key dates.
- Manages most team meetings and ensures agendas are clear. Records meeting notes and translates them into a coherent list of action items.
- Provide regular risk assessments to the team, identify bottlenecks before they happen, and manage scope or support accordingly. While providing mitigation recommendations and managing expectations.
- Is an effective process owner for the team.
- Builds and manages relationships with internal and external partners. Acting as a primary communication point between teams as needed.
- Is a strong internal advocate for our Esports initiatives. Is able to make future initiatives known to other teams, building enthusiasm and collaboration.
- Available for non-business hours due to global / weekend live event nature of the sport
What We're Looking For
- 4+ years of production experience.
- Familiarity with Jira, Confluence, Google Suite, Smartsheet, or other task tracking and gantt scheduling software.
- Strong multitasking skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented and display strong problem solving skills.
- Has solid interpersonal and relationship building skills (teamwork).
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Positive attitude and passion for making games.
- Worked on a live game.
Nice To Have Skills
- Prior experience working on an Esports team.
- Is familiar with Esports or plays games that are highly competitive.
- Prior experience working with event planning and or broadcasting.
- PMP Certification or Scrum Certification.