WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Epic Games is looking for a contract Interior Designer to join the Facilities team. This Interior Designer would report directly to the Facilities Design Manager. This person would support the Global Site Build-outs Team, local HQ Campus projects and global ongoing facilities initiatives. This position will interact with many different departments within Epic and externally to Epic, therefore, strong people skills are a must. Multi-tasking while juggling parallel priorities will also be key for success.
- Furniture Design
- Coordination and selection of furniture packages with supervisor oversight on approx half of all site build out projects
- Assistance with inventory of furnishings at larger global sites, particularly in relation to campus or site buildout furniture relocation efforts
- Support for project-specific and campus furniture RFPs, budget development, and campus-wide procurement and relocation
- Coordination of global WFH discount codes and tracking of facilities furniture tickets through Service Desk
- Tracking of Purchase Order requests, delivery dates, and punch items for furniture and any facilities/design related install items (per lists above)
- Assistance with FF&E negotiations and cost-control/comparison between projects
- Coordinate delivery of furniture with space planning team and remote office admins
- Tracking of open quotes and quotes in flight via internal Jira portal
- Documentation of change orders and approvals to above agreements
- Assisting with project kickoff interviews and requirements gathering in approx half of all site buildout projects
- Executing preliminary test fit assignments and block plans
- Development of programming process, tool, spreadsheets, or portal alongside leasing team
- Project Photography
- Implementing a vision for global site photography resources and files
- Creation of photography guidelines and file sharing structure
- Research, interview, and supervision of photography vendors
- Integration of site photography to update standards and reference imagery across trades (including IT and AV standards and databases)
- Coordination with office managers and site buildout teams for project progress pictures
- Documentation of Standards
- Maintenance and improvement upon existing design guidelines and standards
- Development of finish standards per site in larger office locations
- Regular audits against completed project metrics
- Integration with new IT website portal to allow for easy vendor access and version control
- Assistance with FF&E kitchen standards and equipment specification database
- Local Projects
- Duplicity in fielding daily facilities and design requests through Service Desk
- Own small local build out design, FF&E, and construction coordination projects
- Project Management & Misc.
- Resource for data gathering, spreadsheet generation, and other unique project efforts
- Assistance with special presentations and projects
- Managing BOX file share folders and permissions on a project specific basis
- Gathering and note-taking project-specific user requirements
- Assistance with workflow, scheduling meetings, and targeting milestones
- 5+ yrs experience in the industry
- Graduate degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Sketchup
- Proficient in Adobe Suite, including Indesign & Photoshop
- NCIDQ Certification or on track for certification preferred
- Fluent in design principles, FF&E, and project flow
- Google Suite - Mail, Sheets, Docs, Slides
- Self-starting personality that can juggle multiple tasks well
If you're passionate about interior design, the construction industry, the gaming and technology industry, and you are a very detail-oriented person, then we’d like to speak with you! Please submit your resume and we’ll be in touch soon.
This is going to be Epic!
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 3,000+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.