WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Our Finance and Accounting teams build the financial infrastructure to scale our growing company. We combine analytical and strategic thinking to develop a sound financial future for our global brand. We work closely with teams across the company, international subsidiaries, as well as with external partners to ensure a world-class finance organization. Our team contains experts from fields like tax, treasury, purchasing, FP&A, and more.
What You'll Do
We are looking for a finance professional to join our growing International Finance team as Accounting Manager, Brazil. This role is to be based in Porto Alegre and will support Epic’s recent acquisition in the Brazil market.
You will work alongside existing members of the International Finance team and partner with them and others within Epic to integrate Epic’s newly acquired game studio in Brazil. This will include defining and building robust financial reporting processes to enable the complete and accurate financial reporting to the US Group and EMEA sub-group.
This is a critical role to enable Epic to continue to manage the integration and ongoing financial management of a gaming studio in Brazil. The role will report into Epic’s International Controllership team (based throughout Europe and Asia-Pacific) but will work closely with senior leadership within the wider Epic Group, such as Corporate Tax, HQ Controllership, FP&A, HR and Legal.
The role will take responsibility for building best in class reporting and control structures to ensure that Epic’s financial and operational performance is optimized, scalable and clearly communicated on a timely and accurate basis.
In this role, you will
- Be responsible for the management of the financial accounting and reporting for Epic’s new acquisition in Brazil (one Brazil and one US entity).
- Ensuring the swift and accurate reporting of month-end reporting in accordance with US GAAP, overseeing subsidiary month-end closing processes for two legal entities and ensuring policy compliance.
- Assist with ad-hoc requests from management, auditors and other external bodies (as required).
- Provide input into and local ownership of complex accounting topics, as they arise (such as Leases and revenue recognition).
- Design, implement and operate key business process controls to ensure that the company has an effective and scalable internal controls framework as a private company.
- Have a continuous focus on process and control improvements that are required, and the ability to communicate these to Management.
- Build cross-functional working relationships within the company and externally, and provide technical guidance, training, and support to the Finance, Legal and Business Development teams.
- Own the relationship with the external auditors to ensure that both group and statutory filing obligations are met.
- Partner with the existing Brazil game studio leadership team, operations and accounting staff to ensure that there is a strong holistic view of accounting and finances, and that finances are managed, controlled and presented in a way that is representative of business operations.
- Work with the outgoing CFO on knowledge transfer and supporting the Team with the transition to Epic Games
- Partner with operational leaders to understand any capital projects that are ongoing in Brazil, including status, accounting considerations, budgetary oversight and tracking, and implementation of capital project controls and processes.
- Partner with cross functional teams to implement a new ERP (Workday) with regional customization and support change management to associated front-end processes.
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial status in order to have an overall, holistic view of the businesses finances.
- Regularly report and present to both International and US management about the overall finances of the entity for the Brazil studio and it’s US based wholly owned sub.
- Familiar with Brazilian tax reporting and compliance matters. Responsible for managing local in-house Tax Analyst and communications with HQ Tax Team.
- Represent Epic’s controllership function in the implementation of a flexible and suitable scaled internal control environment that is robust and stands up to external audit.
- Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance, including risk assessments and reviews of risk areas
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls and ensure alignment with Epic group policies.
- Ensuring Brazilian territory specific regulatory compliance from a finance perspective.
What we're looking for
- Fluent in both English and Brazilian Portuguese. (Required) Any other languages are a benefit.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Accounting, or related field.
- Chartered Accountancy qualification or equivalent (preferred but not required).
- Already residing in Brazil (Porto Alegre a plus) or have a right to work in Brazil.
- 9+ years financial accounting experience, preferably within both an International and Brazilian business and accounting environment.
- Experience with coordinating and liaising on Brazilian tax reporting and compliance matters.
- Team management experience.
- Solid knowledge of both US GAAP and Brazilian GAAP, including a deep knowledge and understanding of Brazil’s tax and legal financial reporting obligations. Knowledge of IFRS would be an added skill set but not required.
- Experience dealing with External Auditors.
- Strong communications, presentation, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to summarize key accounting and operational issues to management.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel (complex formula, VBA, macros and pivot tables) and proficient with other Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience of working in different ERP systems and system migrations.
- Knowledge of international digital sales taxes and transfer pricing requirements.
- Complex analytic problem solving and project management skills.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.