REPORTING INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY INFRINGEMENTIf your copyrighted work was posted on Epic without your authorization, you can submit a “takedown request” to ask that the content be removed. Submitting a takedown request is a legal process. In accordance with the U.S. Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) Epic has a policy of terminating access of users who are deemed to be repeat infringers of copyright.
What to know before submitting a copyright removal requestYou need to consider whether the content you are concerned about can use your copyright under law because it falls under the legal exceptions of fair use, fair dealing, or a similar copyright exception applies. If a copyright exception applies, then the removal request you submit is considered invalid and there may be legal repercussions and repercussions to your account.
WARNING: BY SUBMITTING THIS COPYRIGHT TAKEDOWN NOTICE, YOU ARE MAKING A FORMAL LEGAL ACCUSATION, UNDER PENALTY OF PERJURY THAT:
- YOU ARE THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR ARE AUTHORIZED TO ACT ON THEIR BEHALF, AND
- YOU HAVE A GOOD FAITH BELIEF THAT THE USE OF THE MATERIAL IS NOT AUTHORIZED BY THE COPYRIGHT OWNER, NOT MADE PURSUANT TO A LICENSE, DOES NOT CONSTITUTE FAIR USE, AND IS NOT OTHERWISE AUTHORIZED BY LAW.
NOTE THAT MAKING FALSE STATEMENTS UNDER PENALTY OF PERJURY MAY LEAD TO SERIOUS LEGAL CONSEQUENCES, INCLUDING IMPRISONMENT AND/OR FINES. EPIC MAY TAKE ACTION (INCLUDING EPIC ACCOUNT TERMINATION) AGAINST THOSE WHO REPEATEDLY AND/OR KNOWINGLY SUBMIT FALSE TAKEDOWN NOTICES.
Submitting a Copyright Removal RequestIf you believe that your work has been used on our website or in any of our services in a way that infringes your copyright, you can submit a DMCA Notice to our Designated Copyright Agent via filling out the linked form below.
Report a trademark infringementOur policies and applicable laws prohibit content that infringe trademarks. If you are a trademark owner and you believe content is infringing your trademark, to the extent possible we strongly encourage trademark owners to resolve their disputes directly with the user who posted the content in question. If you are unable to reach a resolution with the user, please submit a Trademark Complaint.
You need to include all of the following in your Trademark Complaint:
- Your (or if you are under 18, your parent’s, guardian’s or company’s) full legal name, title, company name, mailing address, telephone number, email address, trademark owner, and your relationship to the trademark owner.
- Trademark details including registering authority, registration jurisdiction, and registration number.
- The material that you claim is infringing, including a description of where the material is located.
Contact information for Epic’s Designated Copyright AgentEmail: email@example.com
Epic Games, Inc.
620 Crossroads Blvd.
Cary, NC 27518
Telephone: (919) 854-0070
Please note that invalid DMCA or takedown requests or other inquiries will be ignored if you contact us via these mechanisms.