JOIN OUR TEAM
Mediatonic is a team of over 300 exceptionally talented and seriously hardworking people. We devote our careers to crafting awesome original games in the hopes of bringing a little more joy into the world.
As a creative business, we recognise that creativity is best inspired by different experiences and perspectives. We strive to create a culture of belonging, where all our colleagues feel welcome, supported and diversity is celebrated. We passionately believe that games are for everyone, whether we’re playing or creating them.
What We Do
Put your design skills to work at a cutting-edge company that challenges the norm. From character and level design to competitive gameplay and system design, help shape the future of interactive entertainment at Epic.
What You'll Do
As a member of our team, you will have responsibility for the growth, effectiveness, and welfare of the entire design discipline, across our multiple
projects, initiatives, and studios. Mediatonic are searching for an inspiring and proven leader to join their already world-class design team.
Through your work, you will ensure our project directors and leads are empowered to create their best work, our recruitment and processes set up our
teams to succeed, and that Mediatonic’s strategic goals are achieved.
In this role, you will
- Be responsible for recruiting, training and line managing a world class design & creative team that spans all Mediatonic projects and studios
- Provide expert advice, guidance and feedback to senior design team members when sought and where you think necessary, you are ultimately responsible for quality of work and processes within your craft
- Use your wealth of experience and strong communication skills to inspire multiple project teams internally - fostering good working practices
and a positive, collaborative working environment
- Help shape and steer the future of Mediatonic over the long term. You will make sure we can hit our strategic goals and continue to be a place people are proud to work at
What we're looking for
- An experienced and respected leader with previous and extensive line management experience across mid-size to large teams and an experience of joining previous large teams and building trust within them
- Exceptional organisational skills, ability to handle overseeing issues raised across multiple projects
- Experience setting up team or organisational structures
- A strong and proven design brain, and can collaborate meaningfully with your directors and leads with project specific conversations and issues; an extensive back-catalogue of previous titles working across multiple formats – ideally Console/PC and mobile; some experience with running projects in live-operations and the demands of GaaS
- An up to date knowledge of design trends and the commercial aspect of video-games – the ability to understand and articulate the
relevance of these to your own work; proven experience in working with Product Managers and teams, and ability to use expertise
and knowledge to empower decision making to directors and leads
- Experience evangelising products worked on & processes and changes
- A love for working with people, being your best when enabling them to be the best they can be and create the best work possible
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
We pay 100% of benefits for employees. Our current benefits package includes private medical insurance, pension, life and disability plans. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party.