X

Dead, or a hoax?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dead, or a hoax?

I've been following this for a while and the lack of updates is really unfortunate but telling for a game that was supposed to originally have a 2016 beta, news gets mentioned in 2017, and here we are twiddling our thumbs in 2019. Normally if a project is dead we should know so we can at least say for sure our time was wasted. Maybe Epic is too busy with their cash cow battle royale? Probably not. If this thing isn't dead, then I'm a tad convinced this is all one massive hoax. Don Mustard who's supposed to be the worldwide creative director for Epic Games even while being the supposed creative director (And a founder) of ChAIR has the ability to oversee this stuff and maybe he's busy?. This would be all fine and dandy if ChAIR itself hadn't been owned by Epic since '08, so Epic and Mustard would both WANT their subsidiary/brainchild to succeed right? The radio silence from them just makes it seem like this was a hoax that went a bit too far and they got too far over their heads to say "Just kidding!", and with Mustards twitter feed showing seldom but fortnite, I'm not sure we'll ever get an answer really.

I'm probably just some no-one with a conspiracy theory or something but to just seemingly abandon a game owned by your company with 0 explanations seemed a bit sketchy to me, hell, the outlines we see on the site could be fortnite models for all we know. Of course all of what I said could be nonsense and this thing could just be the very best kept secret I've seen, especially with the LLC being pretty much unfindable other than the copyrights.

A bit of a note on this, that it's all opinion really. I don't have facts to say one way or another that it's dead, a hoax, or just a really well kept secret. Just spitballing here.

I feel you man.

Comment

Working...
    X