The Signifier: Director's CutThe Signifier: Director's Cut
This story-driven adventure follows a mystery of death and despair from reality into the surreal realms of objective memories and subjective experiences. Search the mind, solve puzzles, and unravel the dark truth in this psychological thriller.
The Signifier: Director's Cut
The Signifier is a first-person tech-noir mystery adventure that blends investigation, experimental psychology, and artificial intelligence.
Explore the real and surreal worlds, become immersed in fringe psychology, solve puzzles, and find the truth as Frederick Russell, an expert in AI and psychology, and the main researcher behind an experimental deep brain scanner called the Dreamwalker. Its controversial technology allows the exploration of the recorded senses and unconscious realms of the mind. He finds himself thrust into a spiral of intrigue when asked to use his creation after the vice president of the world’s biggest tech company turns up dead in her apartment.
The Signifier Director's Cut Includes:
- Refinements and enhancements across the board make this the ultimate expression of The Signifier. The Director's Cut features new memories, new dialogue, additional endings and improved performance throughout.
- Expanded narrative content featuring new memories, dialogue and voice-over, three additional story endings, and a new epilogue giving greater insight to key characters and choices.
- Improved performance and experience, including better load times and frame rate, revamped animations and UI, and further optimizations for lower-end PCs.
- Bonus gameplay features, including a new difficulty setting for those purely interested in experiencing the game’s story, plus new menu tips, clues, and remappable controls.
- Three coexisting dimensions to explore: reality, and the objective memories and subjective dreams in the mindscape
- Move between realms to solve puzzles, unlock new dialog branches, and unravel the mystery
- Learn psychological concepts to use powers and tools for navigating the strange and unpredictable unconsciousness
- Every challenge is part of the mystery that creates unique moments with no filler
- A multi-layer narrative that spirals into a complex web of real-world intrigue as surreal suspense
- Get immersed in thought provoking tension, free from jump scares
- Question the implications of AI, intrusion to the consciousness, privacy, and whether we see the world as it is or a subjective creation of our minds
- 29%Critics Recommend
- 69Top Critic Average
- FairOpenCritic Rating
- See All Reviews
by Noelle Adams
7.5 / 10
“It's clearly well thought out, but in execution The Signifer doesn't quite match up to its intriguing concept and utterly convincing setting. The latter are so strong, though, that they keep you engaged even as you grapple with clunkier gameplay aspects and an abrupt ending. Ambitious, cerebral, worth investigating.”
by Andrew Farrell
8 / 10
“The Signifier is an intriguing adventure game/ walking simulator with a compelling story and unique design aspects. The presentation can be a bit janky, but the game has definitely stuck in my mind since finishing it.”
by James Bentley
7 / 10
“The Signifier is a sign of something great. Its story is intriguing and the way it conceptualises all its effort is wonderful. That being said, the general presentation lets it down somewhat and the short playtime left me wanting much more.”
Reviews provided by OpenCritic
ProcessorIntel Core i3 (3.4 GHz) / AMD A8-7600 (3.1 GHz)
ProcessorIntel Core i5-7600K / AMD Ryzen 5 1600X
GraphicsNVIDIA GeForce 660 / AMD R9 270
GraphicsNVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 / AMD Radeon RX 580 AMD
- Audio: English, Spanish - Spain, French, German, Portuguese - Brazil, Russian
- Text: English, Spanish - Spain, French, German, Portuguese - Brazil, Russian
© Copyright 2020 Playmestudio. Developed by Playmestudio. Published by Raw Fury AB. All Rights Reserved.