This game contains mature content recommended only for ages 18+
This War of MineThis War of Mine
This War of Mine
In This War Of Mine you do not play as an elite soldier, rather a group of civilians trying to survive in a besieged city; struggling with lack of food, medicine and constant danger from snipers and hostile scavengers. The game provides an experience of war seen from an entirely new angle.
The pace of This War of Mine is imposed by the day and night cycle. During the day snipers outside stop you from leaving your refuge, so you need to focus on maintaining your hideout: crafting, trading and taking care of your survivors. At night, take one of your civilians on a mission to scavenge through a set of unique locations for items that will help you stay alive.
Make life-and-death decisions driven by your conscience. Try to protect everybody from your shelter or sacrifice some of them for longer-term survival. During war, there are no good or bad decisions; there is only survival. The sooner you realize that, the better.
This War of Mine: Anniversary Edition
It's been two years since This War of Mine global release and we're still expanding the experience. This new free DLC, created especially for the Anniversary Edition, adds new characters, new locations to explore, and most importantly - a whole new ending, leading to a different outcome to the game. The dilemma though remains the same – how far will you go, to protect the ones you care about?
This War of Mine:
- Inspired by real-life events
- Control your survivors and manage your shelter
- Craft weapons, alcohol, beds or stoves – anything that helps you survive
- Make decisions - an often unforgiving and emotionally difficult experience
- Randomized world and characters every time you start a new game
- Charcoal-stylized aesthetics to complement the game's theme
- 8 / 10“Effectively delivers a strong message about the depressing reality of war, eschewing classic soldier or commander glorification that permeates many games. An emotional, impactful journey, even if the gameplay elements are somewhat simple”
- 8.4 / 10“This War of Mine is a gripping survival sim, and a great study of survival during wartime and civil collapse.”
- 80 / 100“A stark statement about war delivered through deftly designed stealth survival and resource management. Important, but unrelentingly cruel.”
ProcessorIntel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo 2.4, AMD Athlon(TM) X2 2.8 Ghz
ProcessorIntel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad 2.7 Ghz, AMD Phenom(TM)II X4 3 Ghz
Memory2 GB RAM
Memory4 GB RAM
GraphicsGeforce 9600 GS, Radeon HD4000, Shader Model 3.0, 512 M
GraphicsGeForce GTX 260, Radeon HD 5770, 1024 MB, Shader Model 3.0
DirectX Version 9.0c
Sound CardDirectX compatible
Sound CardDirectX compatible
- English, French, German, Polish, Russian, Italian, Portuguese-Brazil, Spanish-Spain, Japanese, Korean, Turkish, Simplified Chinese