Through the Darkest of TimesThrough the Darkest of Times
Berlin 1933. “Adolf Hitler is chancellor!” We all know the consequences this message bore. Unspeakable horrors and suffering would sweep across the world. Few would stand and fight the monstrosity that was the German Reich. Will you?
Through the Darkest of Times
Dark times mean fear and risks. The risk to be caught by patrolling National Socialists, looking for people who publicly stand against their point of view. The risk of being beaten up or even killed by the German military because we‘re opposing the regime. The risk of losing everything, including our loved ones. This is how we live. This is how we try to survive. Through the darkest of times.
You are the leader of a small resistance group in 1933’s Berlin, of ordinary people, from Jews to Catholics and Communists to Patriots who simply can’t stand aside. Your goal is to deal with small blows to the regime – dropping leaflets to spread awareness about what the Nazis are really up to among the people, painting messages on walls, sabotaging, gathering information and recruiting more followers. And all of that while staying undercover – if the regime’s forces learn about your group, the life of each member is in grave danger.
Through the Darkest of Times is a historical resistance strategy game, focusing on conveying the somber mood of the period and the very real struggles of average people living in the 3rd Reich. Historical accuracy means that your small group of resistance fighters will not change the outcome of the war, nor will you prevent all of the Nazi’s atrocities, but you can certainly do everything in your power to save as many lives as you can and oppose the fascist system wherever possible.
- Experience the Darkest of Times in 4 chapters
- Fight for freedom, weaken the regime and lead your resistance group
- Plan activities, find collaborators, and try not to get caught
- Feel the weight of responsibility as you make difficult decisions and face the dire consequences
- Beautifully illustrated expressionistic scenes and events
- 8 / 10“Through the Darkest of Times paints what feels like an accurate portrait of life in Nazi Germany. Cherry-picking major events, like the Reichstag Fire or the opening ceremony of the Olympics, it convincingly places you at the scene, putting you in the shoes of a regular German trying to come to grips with how one person--or even five people--can respond in the presence of evil.”
- 87 / 100“A superbly crafted game that serves as storyteller, teacher, and concerned friend.”
- “This captivating game, which immerses players in 1930s Berlin, is an essential reminder of how fascism takes root and grows”
ProcessorX64 2.4 GHz Processor
ProcessorX64 Dual Core 2.4 GHz
- Audio: English, German Text: English, Chinese - Simplified, French, German, Japanese, Russian, Spanish - Spain