Unreal Tournament on Win10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unreal Tournament on Win10

Hi. Is anyone educated on what settings make this game run best on windows 10? The game doesn't run smoothly, i see very small spikes and slight freezes even at the intro of the game.

i7-3770 [MENTION=50456]3[/MENTION].40 GHz
    4gb ram
    GT620

UT2004 runs perfect
    Last edited by Krokussify; 05-28-2016, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Im talking about the first UT, not the new one. Why does UT99 run worse than UT2004, a game that's graphically superior?

Comment

Do i need to install some drivers? please help. i just want to revive the old gud days

Comment

Maybe check what video mode you're running in. If I remember correctly, you can use D3D, open gl or software mode. Try to swap it to a different one. I think it was just in the menus.
          Current Main Issues: Tri-Rox (Remove), Scoreboards lack player stats,Team Balance.

My Pre-Alpha Highlights 2016 to early 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKlKQ349o8A | http://plays.tv/u/Smurgl

Comment

There are only two options, Direct 3D and software rendering. When i enable the second one the game crashes.

Comment

Mine runs like that too, and it stuttered on Windows 7 as well. I think it just has to do with how the netcode in UT99 was made. Does it work smoothly for you offline?

Comment

No, it doesn't. Curiously, it runs better on my old pc which i bought back in 2005.

Comment

Try to use the enhanced OpenGL renderer for UT99. Search for "UTGLR" and apply the new graphic engine. It's designed for newer CPUs, GPUs and OSes.

Comment

Turn off all cores except one obviously. That will fix your issue.
                    Press Ctrl+Alt+Del > Start Task Manager > Processes Tab > right click desired program > Set Affinity

Join the community Facebook page
                    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

Originally posted by code187 View Post
                      Press Ctrl+Alt+Del > Start Task Manager > Processes Tab > right click desired program > Set Affinity
                      On Win 10 it's slightly different. On the processes tab right-click the program, select "Go to Details", then on Details tab right-click the highlighted process and there select "Set Affinity"
                      "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
                      - RenegadeRetard

Comment

Originally posted by _Lynx View Post
                        On Win 10 it's slightly different. On the processes tab right-click the program, select "Go to Details", then on Details tab right-click the highlighted process and there select "Set Affinity"
                        Thank for the correction, never actually tried it on win10 only win7 just assumed its the same way.
                        Join the community Facebook page
                        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

Yeah, they changed a few things here and there and that gives me lots of headaches when I'm trying to write down the steps.
                          "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
                          - RenegadeRetard

Comment

Thanks guys, much appreciated. The files from UTGLR did it for me.

Comment

Working...
                            X