No announcement yet.

Unreal Tournament 99 - DirectX11 Renderer with Tessellation + HDAO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and if that really did happen, i'd literally write a BOOK/NOVEL about unreal engine 1, and how to REALLY USE IT, like A PRO.

Comment

*i'm the only guy who noticed the updated opengl dll
      was actually a DOWNGRADE in terms of lod bias capabilities.
      and should be edited and replaced after updating ut99 to 432 or 451
      (you can ask [arc]zena aka david nash)
      i showed him first, well over a decade ago, before blabbing about it all over the place.
      (that and ferali's and many others lod on their imports were way off, they never fixed those until i showed off fixed versions)
      really i am one of the guys who made others push themselves further, even if i was "borrowing" and heckling,
      i made the scene COMPETITIVE. now, it's literally DEAD.

Comment

Hey PAGOEJA, some cool stuff here.
        Are you planning to release an updated OpenGL/Vulkan/DX render for this game? It would be great.
        As far as I know, the latest unofficial updated version of OpenGL was released somewhere in 2010 for UT99. It feels a bit outdated and it has its own problems. Still, it is the best render to play this game for me - more stable and close to the original than DX.
        Keep it up. I am glad that there are yet several devoted fans for this game around. Thanks for your work!

Comment

yes i tried to explain all of that to you, regarding how reaper would import, even with a new anim, cuz skeletalchars would always enforce its own anim,

but as you can see i do quite well, THIS IS A UT99 IMPORT (1 bug left, i am sure you notice the hair)

Click image for larger version  Name:	ffafa-17130164.png Views:	0 Size:	300.8 KB ID:	407422
          ORIGINAL HERE, by ABERIU https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...ade-for-ut2004

Click image for larger version  Name:	ewfwfewd1.png Views:	0 Size:	184.1 KB ID:	407423

in game appearance...
          Click image for larger version  Name:	in-gameMu.png Views:	0 Size:	110.1 KB ID:	407425
          Last edited by PAGOEJA; 11-30-2019, 06:21 PM.

Comment

so ya, fix the hair, somehow, and uh... lightmap is done for the goggles i just never added the googles texture yet,
            sorta like that hair piece, its light mapped but i have no texture to throw on it, it's strange. i will have to figure those things out.

people hate waiting, they have no clue the kind of issues that pop up, doing this stuff.
            Last edited by PAGOEJA; 11-30-2019, 06:25 PM.

Comment

i <3 my meowcat.... thanks bud.

Comment

i intend to do what 3drealms / gearbox / 2k failed to do

make a new engine out of ****.

Originally posted by e1vp View Post
                Hey PAGOEJA, some cool stuff here.
                Are you planning to release an updated OpenGL/Vulkan/DX render for this game? It would be great.
                As far as I know, the latest unofficial updated version of OpenGL was released somewhere in 2010 for UT99. It feels a bit outdated and it has its own problems. Still, it is the best render to play this game for me - more stable and close to the original than DX.
                Keep it up. I am glad that there are yet several devoted fans for this game around. Thanks for your work!

Comment

so here is the deal...
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	78546587_720062225168811_1855015105494777856_o.jpg Views:	0 Size:	436.3 KB ID:	407501

Click image for larger version  Name:	78539854_720461268462240_1040194663379632128_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	27.2 KB ID:	407502
                  ^^^ so i ended up with this vvv
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	faafaf3.png
Views:	35
Size:	259.7 KB
ID:	407507

Name:	dfsfsdfsdf3.png
Views:	35
Size:	337.0 KB
ID:	407508
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by PAGOEJA; 12-05-2019, 01:27 AM.

Comment

well meowcat, without you i wouldn't be getting this far, so i'm satisfied with this import.
                    i'll work on the anims after i add the enviro map on the goggles (ezpz)

#lilian by #aberiu for #ut2004 / #ut2k4
                    #ut99 #import by #pagoeja
                    (2K resolution, 256 color assets)

Name:	256-colors-2kRES.png
Views:	42
Size:	898.9 KB
ID:	407516
                    Last edited by PAGOEJA; 12-05-2019, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Hi PAGOEJA,
                      I was having some problems logging into these forums (the login link from the top was not working, had to go to the main page, login there, then manually add "forums" in the address bar to get back here...).

Anyways, in the old vertex mesh system the individual mesh triangles each had a "flag byte" that contained the boolean data (each bit of the byte represented a different option) of whether the triangle should be rendered normally, translucent, masked, invisible, two-sided etc. I don't know if the skeletal mesh format (or UT's renderer) supported a similar arrangement, but in any case I don't know how you could set those flags anyways without writing your own exporter or converter.

UnrealFX.exe (written by ¡muh! back in 1999) could open vert mesh models, and allow selection of individual triangles in a vertex mesh model to set the triangle flags. I am unaware of any such program for .psk format models. UT2004 handled the rendering characteristics through the materials assigned to the model instead. In the case of the character model above you might be able to get it to work (sort of) by setting the hair texture's bMasked and bTwosided true in UEd, but that means you may also have to edit the texture to ensure that all transparent parts are painted pure black (0,0,0). I think the pink hair color you chose above looks A.O.k. too.

Comment

yeah the bone rigging and anim have to match you are correct
                        which is why i have config class bypass skeletal and load the meshes proper anim and the run the anim digest

and my method works very fast. i'd love to share, but the "in crowd" still is having it's laughs everywhere including ut99org and their discord.

Name:	76767489_722785744896459_1594283377714790400_o.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	184.1 KB
ID:	407548

Name:	78629249_722815771560123_2142672051972866048_o.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	223.9 KB
ID:	407549

i am the only one putting out 4k capable/compatible work in ut99, but hey whatever...

Comment

Working...
                        X