Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

t3d to obj converter for old Unreal

Hi,
    I made a t3d to obj converter for old Unreal maps.

The link is here (VirusTotal clean).
    http://www.crabaware.com/Utils/t3d_t...t3d_to_obj.zip

How to use:
    simply run UnrealEd, open a map and export as t3d as is, no transform permanently, no intersection necessary
    then run t3d_to_obj.exe <exported.t3d>, obj and mtl files will be generated automatically relative to where exported.t3d is placed.

(note that only world geometry is exported, movers are ignored)
    there will be to up to 3 groups in the obj file, one for structural (solid) faces, one for detail (semisolids/nonsolids) and one for bothsided detail faces
    (invisible zone portals will be skipped)

the obj file doesn't contain vertex normals so you'll have to generate them in your modeling software
    faces are not triangulated but will contain collinear T-vertices to fix T-junctions, so triangulation may be necessary as well
    (the faces are always convex though)

That's it unless you want precise UVs.
    For precise UVs, you need to supply textures in png/pcx format, put them into t3d_tex subfolder relative to the converter,
    no subfolders.
    This is necessary because old engines didn't use normalized UVs because they originally used software rasterization.

(UModel (UE Viewer) seems to be doing a great job at exporting png textures from multiple packages, except for animated textures)

The CSG is done using my routines, so there may still be some problems.
    I found one map, Area51 bunker in DeusEx, where a tower doesn't carve the same way Unreal does due to brush misalignment
    (because my engine's coplanar epsilon is smaller than Unreal's)

I havent tested sheer part of scale much, but it doesn't seem to be used much.

Hope you find this useful, even if it's 2020 already.

i'm going to use udk ue4 mesh imports / ue1 mapping
    these days there are tons of statics/morphing deco in
    numorous unreal engine games and the epic market.
    and also because, udk/ue4 ports to ue1 nicely.

in regards to ue viewer: it's favorite* export formats are tga/dds, if you can't find the animations, they are probably in a different format
    if you do find them, and they are DDS format. you can cut them into FRAMES / SINGLE TEXES, via WINDOWS MOVIE MAKER.

Click image for larger version  Name:	82115370_757507631424270_6371000306150408192_o-1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	287.9 KB ID:	408048

Click image for larger version  Name:	83334984_765387467302953_8142631606595616768_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	44.5 KB ID:	408047

Click image for larger version  Name:	Untitled2.png Views:	0 Size:	786.8 KB ID:	408046you know they have some nice map cosmetics out there
    Last edited by PAGOEJA; 01-28-2020, 06:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X