Unreal Ed 3.0 selection issue with Windows 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[BUG] Unreal Ed 3.0 selection issue with Windows 10

Hi all. Does anyone know how the fix to this issue? It has been taking FOREVER to get anything done on a map. Thanks in advance for your time!

Can you explain what exactly is the problem? By the description this seems to be the antialiasing issue, that is not related to Win 10: http://www.3dbuzz.com/forum/threads/...elect-ANYTHING
    "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
    - RenegadeRetard

Comment

It's taking like 3 seconds to for the right click context menu to open up after i click. When I was running Windows 7, I had no trouble with the editor at all. I have 4 gigs of DDR3 RAM and a Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 vid card. Both of these are more than what I need to run the game.

Comment

Originally posted by *mGm*Lizard View Post
        It's taking like 3 seconds to for the right click context menu to open up after i click. When I was running Windows 7, I had no trouble with the editor at all. I have 4 gigs of DDR3 RAM and a Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 vid card. Both of these are more than what I need to run the game.
        Same problem here, I have even more powerful setup and its the same. Win 7 and 8 are ok, but since win 10, every action done in editor takes a while to finish. This happens even if I try to select an actor. Even worse is terrain editing, after you release a mouse after painting, it takes 3 - 4 seconds to wake up from this frozen state .

Comment

Well....

Is there anything that can be done to fix this issue?

Comment

Has anyone tried playing with the input settings in the game? (Don't have Windows 10 so can't test this myself.)
            Last edited by Arnox_BU; 12-21-2016, 07:34 AM.
            And still I wait...

Comment

I have not messed with any of the input settings either. I'll play with them to see what, if anything, will change. Unfortunately, I don't think doing so will have any affect on how long it takes to select something.

Also, I am running the 32-bit version of the game. Maybe installing the 64-bit patch could be the fix?

Comment

Originally posted by *mGm*Lizard View Post
                I have not messed with any of the input settings either. I'll play with them to see what, if anything, will change. Unfortunately, I don't think doing so will have any affect on how long it takes to select something.

Also, I am running the 32-bit version of the game. Maybe installing the 64-bit patch could be the fix?
                I'm running the 32-bit version on a 64-bit Windows 7 Pro installation. I've had none of these problems so I don't think it's the architecture.

BTW, I'd try disabling anti-aliasing anyway just to see what happens. Also, read this. It may have an answer: https://wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:UnrealEd_Bug_List
                Last edited by Arnox_BU; 12-22-2016, 01:56 AM.
                And still I wait...

Comment

Sadly I have the same problem, turning off everything does nothing, the editor is unusable

Originally posted by _Lynx View Post
                  By the description this seems to be the antialiasing issue
                  Ironically you can select brushes with AA enabled, but it takes 10 seconds for the system to respond
                  Last edited by Party Boy; 12-28-2016, 09:15 PM.
                  UnrealArgentina.com | f | t

Comment

I figured out that I needed to run it in compatibility mode. You do this by right clicking the UnrealEd.exe icon and select properties. From there, click on the compatibility tab.....(will explain more once I get in front of my desktop).

Comment

I tried compatibility with XP SP2 and 7 and it does the same...

Comment

Originally posted by Party Boy View Post
                        I tried compatibility with XP SP2 and 7 and it does the same...
                        Try running it as an administrator in compatibility mode.

Comment

Nope...

What I have noticed is that when you have high deep complexity in the screen (you are looking at the entire map from a side) is when it lags more, when you select an actor looking at the floor (with nothing under it) it not lags (much)...

Lag
                          No lag
                          Last edited by Party Boy; 01-18-2017, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Has anyone found a workaround yet?

Comment

I know this usually doesn't work but I'm only suggesting it as a last resort. Try updating your video drivers. It did fix one of my problems I had with a game very recently.
                              And still I wait...

Comment

Working...
                              X