Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bombing Run question

Hello there !

I'm planning to do a speedrun on Godlike career : it has already been done but WITH aim-assist : but when I watch first's video, on BR he CAN use teleporter RIGHT AFTER ball launched !
    How is it possible ?

"https://unreal.fandom.com/wiki/Bombing_Run"
    "[...]Ball Launcher also drains the energy from the Translocator, preventing the ball carrier from tossing the ball and translocating to move faster. This option can be disabled though."
    But it's not was i've read on an official guide + I can't find out any options : this would literally change everything and help me to save like 15 to half a minute...

Also, I've done it in 6h42 (in-game menu counted); i can do it under 6h30, I just have to fight Xan in the end instead of Clan-Lord and manage my cash better (my team is too costly)...
    Beating under 6 hours is maybe possible but only with very lucky circumpstance : playing this career mod is like throwing dices : sometimes bots are going crazy, u have no choices than restarting but then u lose cash, u lose time farming gold etc...

this teleport is only possible in UT2003. UT2004 changed that for more teamplay. The most efficent way is to pass a bot and teleport forward, he will pass you. There are certain map tricks. For example twin tombs it makes sense to make many 3 points to get quickly speed. Skyline you can shock rifle shoot it in the chimney. Anubis may be the hardet, but i recommend throwing the ball forward and kill the bots, or pass a teammate and teleport forward. Of course for high skilled players, the shield jump is another way to score quickly
    Projects: UT4BombingRun | UTCC wiki

Comment

Hello,

In fact you still can thanks to a glitch : U can change Campaign Double Domination + BR + DM / TM rules through Instant Action !
      So you can set timer to 1 min for DM / TDM, reduce capture time in DD down to 1 sec, having full teleporter charge just after tossing the ball...
      It's allowed and I help me to save like 45min or even more in godlike. It's not vanilla and I can make another speedrun without glitches but I would still do it under 4hours or close (2nd is 4h48).

I should give a try on Anubis but Bifrost is so easy and not too long : it's always 100% success on all 3 attempts on scoring : maybe Anubis could be quicker, but for sure I won't be able to teleport over bot (or even worse, shield jumping) as they will rekt me when landing behind.
      But u mean Anubis is harder than Skyline and even more vs Ice-Field ? Did you try on Godlike ?
      If you have any tricks to help me improve my regularity on them, I'd be glad to know !
      Coz I could finish Ice Field just once, my stragetgy to pull ennemy in map center isn't very consistent, I rely on teammates not killing them too fast before I reach their base...And I skip Greith's team , too much angry on Lg...
      Last edited by =F.F.M=Witchcraft; 07-07-2019, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Yes i played 1 year bots only on godlike before internet times. Disclosure is the qucikest map to score. Jump down, run and score, if you can do it. Then Anubis and Twintombs. Icefields takes long time, you pass a teammate at start, he will pass back to. In this time ou teleport up the window and shock rifle the ball to the goal. If you die, u are there quickly and ball is still there. If you dont die, you can score easily. Heres a small video of shocking the ball: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/49092235
        Anubis is hard, cause its just straight line. Throw the ball and kill the bots, best way.
        Btw theres a small bug in Bifrost at red base above the entry door corner outside of the base. If you fall in this corner above the door, it teleports you to the flak cannon.
        Last edited by n0niz; 07-07-2019, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Ohh thanks for the tips I'm about to create a topic of my WR speedrun, I know I can do better...I know u can shock balls but I never tried that much, not thinking it could help a lot...If you have tips or feel like to beat my time, go ahead ^^
          I was pretty tired and miss a lot of shoots.
          I note all what u said, about bug and all and one day ill try to improve my time : there's room as it wasn't perfect but I was breezing through 90% of maps.
          Ill try Anubis but Bifost is sooooo easy...I teleport on ennemy's top base near Shield 150, I kill 'em but when my teammate are close enough I let them alive so a mate is passing me ball over them. But maybe I can be faster on Anubis.
          And about Skyline I'm not sure I got what U said : I tried to toss the ball from the top of the cheminey, and I can't enter neither with the ball.

Comment

I remember skyline was not easy back in the day. Nowadays there are 2 ways to score. Nr1: take the ball, walk back up the ramp and take Lift up to the highest platform. There you shock rifle the ball in the chimney. It needs some practices for that, or you jump from there and throw.
            Nr.2: You walk forward ramp, go left ramp and make 1 normal dodge. You goal is a window down at the enemy base. You need to crouch there. If you are unlucky, a bot spawns there before and takes a flak cannon. The chimney way is 90% success. If you have speed, you need to make 1 normal dodge from mid base side lift. 1 speed dodge goes directly to enemy base.
            Best is to practice these ways without bots first.

Comment

Thanks a lot ! U do not want to speedrun too ? ^^ I don't know what was the problem but I did launch the ball through the cheminey but it reset the ball oO but yes now I side dodge to windows and so I can finish map in 5-10 min.

Comment

Working...
              X