X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to edit/create mutators UT2004

Hi all!

I hope somebody can help me with my idea:
    There is the default bonus combo mutator in UT2004 where you press RRRR and you camouflage yourself in a mesh from the map. Is there a way to change that camouflage mesh to a 2D image or something? Don't want to complicate things with 3D models and stuff..

Thanks.

Do you have the version 3369 UT2004 UScript source code files?

What you are interested in doing should be accomplishable, you'll basically want to copy and rename the added-combo related mutator and Combo files from the BonusPack.u file, make your changes, then recompile them in a new .u file. Unfortunately all of the good sites websites for doing this seem to be down, though there may be few websites out there that still explain how to do this. Wormbo's site still has Mychaeel's UMake compiling utility (super handy for compiling new .u files rather than having to scribble out a .bat file), and the UT2004 script source (along with his other useful UT engine mods).

The 3D models used in the mutator were already part of the game's staticmesh set (either set in the level, or defaulted to some common meshes). Creating a unique 2D image would actually require more work I would think. Do you want the 2D image to act like a sprite in front of the Player's character model, or to be used instead of the player model? Do you know how large you would want the image to be? automatically size itself down etc.?

[apologies in advance if I don't respond quickly, this forum's login link seems to be broken so I have to relogin in a convoluted pattern from the epicgames main page]

Comment

Thanks for answering.
      Yeah, the login here is quite tricky.

Basically I would like the camouflage to be a 2D sprite (Pickle Rick to be exact), for my friends on the server to see me as. Of course they would get the necessary files too. Don't want to complicate things with auto sizing etc, as easy and fast as possible. It could be the texture of the mesh too, perhaps?
      I've downloaded the 3369 UT2004 UScript source code files.
      How do I begin, what editor should I use?

Thanks.

Attached Files

Comment

Hi again!
        I sorta got it. This is enough for me, don't want to spend too much time with it. Just for a quick ***** and giggles.
        Just changed the texture for that static mesh "HumanoidArchitecture.Bases.bas02HA" and voilá:

Click image for larger version  Name:	UnrealEdben--ahogy-kinez-pickle-rick.png Views:	0 Size:	312.7 KB ID:	408986

Thanks for the help by the way.
        Last edited by Jimday; 04-13-2020, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X