Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is UT2003 Master Server Gone? (October 2020)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Still nothing on this. I read that that UT2004 master server is still running correctly, but the STATS function is failing - so i guess it's not long before that also goes the way of the 2003 server.

There is a discussion about alternatives and work-arounds for a UT2003 Master Server replacement and a future UT2004 Master Server continuation on openspy.net if anyone cares, check it out.

In the meantime, Days are numbered for UT2003, and the writing is on the wall for UT2004.Such a terrible shame, as both games are still extremely enjoyable, and have value as 'reboot' games - think all the ARCADE CLASSICS packages on modern consoles, think ULTIMATE DOOM - why can there not be UT GENERATIONS?

Maybe I am oldschool, but all the new POV games are just rail-shooters, I have no interest in them.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Based on how long its been down, it seems like its not coming back, however you can still play via direct ip, or if you wish, you could use the openspy ut2003 master server by reconfiguring your game to use utmaster.openspy.net instead of ut2003master1.epicgames.com and ut2003master2.epicgames.com in your UT2003.ini

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey Epic! Please, fix the master server of ut2003!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is still an ongoing issue. Resolves fine, but "Master Server Connection Failed" Loops over & over.

Can We at least have a notification that EPIC are pulling the plug on this so We can move on?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's being looked into.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    "MasterServerUplink" is connecting, but the connection to themaster server itself fails and loops forever :/

It seems impossible to contact Epic Games - like completely impossible. No email address advertised, no Social Media accounts accepting technical questions, all their "help" systems are just ready-reckoner FAQ trees. Unless somebody knows somebody who works there, this issue will continue. Quite strange, as the server is still there, just broken, and nobody cares. We are wasting our time here on this forum i think. It's just a place to send people like us it seems!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I tried contacting Epic Games and all they said was to go to the forums plus they also gave me information about the unreal engine.
    Dear Epic Games if you are reading this please fix the game servers for UT2003

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Mine is showing as running alsohttps://www.gs4u.net/en/s/165725.html but it does mean only people with servers in their favourites list can play online now, which is a bit sad.

There appears to be no way to raise this as a fault with EPIC on email or through this Forum - has anyone had any luck with social media? Tweet them maybe?
    Last edited by playthatb3at; 02-18-2021, 09:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I too have noticed my client fails to connect to master server list.I have 2 UT2003 Servers currently running, one is a BR server and the other is a CTF server and both are showing online on https://www.gs4u.net/en/s/155014.html and https://www.gs4u.net/en/s/155012.html. I am not sure if it is checking the master server or checking my game server directly.

{THC}Unstable1

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Er, BUMP, i guess?

So nobody else either has a server for 2003, or even tries to play it anymore, and has therefore not noticed the master server fail?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is UT2003 Master Server Gone?
    Same question here.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Is UT2003 Master Server Gone? (October 2020)

Is UT2003 Master Server Gone? (October 2020)

Is the UT2003 master server being maintained? My server cannot complete the connection to it..

Code:
    Game engine initialized
    MasterServerUplink: Resolved ut2003master2.epicgames.com as 199.255.**.**
    MasterServerUplink: Connection to ut2003master2.epicgames.com established.
    Master server connection failed
    If it's dead for good, then can somebody from EPIC GAMES post here and We can retire our servers?

TIA..
Working...
X