No announcement yet.

Stuff I made for UT2004

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That would be the shortest tutorial ever. I just installed 64 bit patch, launched reshade, enabled bloom, lens flare and rbm for ut2004 and launched ut2004-win64.exe
    One thing I had to tweak though was screen resolution in 64 bit ut2004.ini
    Last edited by Aberiu; 10-16-2015, 04:25 AM.
    ʕ ´ ل͜ ´ ʔ

Comment

Originally posted by Aberiu View Post
      That would be the shortest tutorial ever. I just installed 64 bit patch, launched reshade, enabled bloom, lens flare and rbm for ut2004 and launched ut2004-win64.exe
      One thing I had to tweak though was screen resolution in 64 bit ut2004.ini
      Ok.. But I did same, and it didn't change anything . Will try again later today.
      What OS you have, also is your game steam or from install DVD. I got both, but my optical drive is sitting under my desk atm.

Comment

Win7 pro, my UT2004 is from Unreal Antology DVD
        ʕ ´ ل͜ ´ ʔ

Comment

Works! Thank you alot.

Comment

Aberiu I saw the reshade website, I have 2 question in the video's map did you used some directx10 drivers on ut2004? and the second question Im using mediator framework what settings did you use to get good grapicals settings I cant find where is rbm located at inside that software? What does it mean rbm word?
            thanks

Comment

RBM is reflective bump mapping, it seems to convert all surface color to bump and then apply some reflection masked by fresnel (which is configurable). Not sure if it makes any sense for you Basically it looks like a "wet floor" effect.

These are my current settings, they are slightly different:

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

I suggest you to try other effects too though.
              ʕ ´ ل͜ ´ ʔ

Comment

Originally posted by Aberiu View Post
                RBM is reflective bump mapping, it seems to convert all surface color to bump and then apply some reflection masked by fresnel (which is configurable). Not sure if it makes any sense for you Basically it looks like a "wet floor" effect.

These are my current settings, they are slightly different:

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

I suggest you to try other effects too though.
                Thank you aberiu I tested it does appear to be nice the graphics although suffers the perfomance so I tried another settings and it looks better by using the combinations from options available in the pipelines tab... I was wondering what is that button called "offline preview" for, is in the Mediator tab, I tried to do preview and it pop up a browser to explorer files in this case it seems to request a jpg file, i cantg find any jpg to use this option, how can I use this option? Do I use whatever picture I select from any folder or ...?

Comment

No idea, didn't try it
                  ʕ ´ ل͜ ´ ʔ

Comment

ok with the options that comes in the software is enough to play, thanks dude

Comment

I don't like mediator, I installed reshade and sweetfx only also fxaa feels better for me then msaa, maybe cause i have amd card :X?

Comment

Apparently the old UT2004 forum is gone so I updated first post with some words and download links.
                        ʕ ´ ل͜ ´ ʔ

Comment

Aberiu those models look amazing (fantastic job on texturing), have done any more stuff for ut2004 lately?

Comment

Thanks dude, Nice to know somebody is still having fun with these. I played around with Ironic a bit more last year but never finished it

not sure if I will
                            ʕ ´ ل͜ ´ ʔ

Comment

There is no incentive to finish anything really, no players anywhere . . .

I think it's more meaningful sitting in your *** for some months trying to port the game to Unreal Engine 4, knowing how is UT4 doing . . .
                              UnrealArgentina.com | f | t

Comment

i can add the chrome effect via multi texture 3
                                and apply environment mapping, and choose metallic/metal
                                then i supply the texture, and boom, done.
                                so laughing about how i haven't implemented the script/texture yet, is laughable on my part
                                i just want help with proper lod/bias/xyz import coords, then we'll be best friends, you and i Aberiu

(and yeah i did forget the 3 other psk parts which multimesh, which is your chrome pieces for the head, body and armor)

this is a generic script build, finals will include proper z coordinates lod/detail bias, hopefully...

cuz without them, she looks like this, way too skinny :'(

Click image for larger version

Name:	lilllianS-in-game-for-ut99.png
Views:	43
Size:	717.7 KB
ID:	406850

Click image for larger version  Name:	lillianS-for-ut99.png Views:	0 Size:	796.8 KB ID:	406849tell you what ladies, i imported all of this into ut99 with some coordinates issues, but the animations and meshes came in complete, no errors.
                                so literally once the lod/bias and coordinates are correct, i'll be playing with some pretty fancy meshes.
                                i think its funny how you all gave up on the FASTEST engine, just because of the difficulty of use.
                                well some of us take the time, so soon i'll be throwing out a totally free fps, just to show off my skill in hopes some game dev company will finally hire my ***...
                                Last edited by PAGOEJA; 10-31-2019, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X