• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Thanks! This fixed my problem

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Oubadah View Post
    The mouselag setting has nothing to do with it. It's Windows 10 that forces borderless windowed mode. This is known, and the reason why the DX8-DX9 converter (being discussed above) exists.
    Well, you learn something new every day. Still, not much for your attitude; when you initially replied, that wasn't being discussed at all.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Carbon View Post
    Good thing that's not what I meant, nor how I am running them. Do you really think that changing a mouselag setting forces borderless windowed mode? No mate...if you can't get it working that doesn't mean someone else is a fool.

If you want my .ini files, just ask.
    The mouselag setting has nothing to do with it. It's Windows 10 that forces borderless windowed mode. This is known, and the reason why the DX8-DX9 converter (being discussed above) exists.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Having the DX8 games forced into borderless windowed mode instead of true fullscreen is not "running flawlessly".
    Good thing that's not what I meant, nor how I am running them. Do you really think that changing a mouselag setting forces borderless windowed mode? No mate...if you can't get it working that doesn't mean someone else is a fool.

Edit: Here are my .ini files for each game except RTNP, which is the same as Unreal.ini.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cbhemlgn3b...0Inis.zip?dl=0
    Last edited by Carbon; 09-09-2016, 05:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I can't access the forum you linked. I skimmed your .inis, and I'm not really seeing any changes that look relevant. Can you tell me what specifically are the .ini values that cause the problems, and what the problems are?

I tried the converter briefly. It seems to be working, but I'm skeptical that it will have zero side effects. Sounds too good to be true.
    It seems that the website I linked to, miasma, has changed view rights or moved the page. I will update my guide somewhere this weekend and try google cache. As I modified the .ini for better performance for myself and don't have a backup of their original I should really try to find their instruction.
    You can take note that the converter is active when you launch the game and at the top left a textline becomes visible. As well at the top left ingame sometimes an fps counter appears or an error code for not being able to show the fps counter.

In the UT2004.ini you can find these lines that trigger the files:

[SystemSettings]
    Bloom=True
    FXAA=True
    AllowD3D11=True

It is good to be skeptical. Let me know if you find anything! The converter makes use of the original ut2004.exe instead of it's own and starts with the original D3D render as well. Whatever it does after that, it works for me. I have been playing this game since 2k3 demo came out and for a few years up to 6-10 hours a day.

I can tell you 1 thing that is negative: lower fps when making use of depreciated mouseoptions and when hooking it with OBS. But the fps stays above 144 at any time on a budget videocard, gtx750ti, for me, so I do not count that. Here is my last stream where I started the game hooked on OBS and switch to monitor capture and show stat fps in the first minute of the vid https://www.twitch.tv/ibrahimovic_z/v/88117695

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Z.Ibrahimovic View Post
    (steam) This converter adds by default videooptions that can decrease the performance of the game significantly. Those options have been turned off in the .ini I use as posted under the QUICK FIX
    I can't access the forum you linked. I skimmed your .inis, and I'm not really seeing any changes that look relevant. Can you tell me what specifically are the .ini values that cause the problems, and what the problems are?

I tried the converter briefly. It seems to be working, but I'm skeptical that it will have zero side effects. Sounds too good to be true.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Having the DX8 games forced into borderless windowed mode instead of true fullscreen is not "running flawlessly".
    You can get the game fully functioning without ANY issues, including depreciated functions from earlier DX versions when you make use of a DX8 to 9 converter. More about this below.

I see people in this forum still sharing the 'solution' to change the .ini value mouselag=true to false. I reported that 'solution' during dx12 fast ring release over a year ago on the steam forums. Meanwhile others on that forum found out it is being forced in borderless full screen and I took note, confirmed by others and my dropped stats, that the hitregistration is quite off for online play. Searching for a solution I stumbled upon a dx8 to 9 converter that is made for a large amount of older games, including gta 3, which solves all issues but takes a bit of time to set it up correctly for UT.

Get a full screen render (yes even game capture in OBS grabs it up), no alt tab or random crashing as with the 64bit version, no AL-Audio used or audio issues for hitzounds as with OpenGL, the mouse options and color and gamma settings as defined in your preferenced settings which are depreciated functions since windows 10 dx12 will be functioning again and no hitreg issues for playing in windowed modus. In other words you can get just your experience like in Windows XP or 7.

Backup your user.ini and ut2004.ini if you have made fancy settings. Follow the instructions for the fifth option OR try it out fastly by checking the quick fix at the top (drag and drop my settings into the ut folder).
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=594282124

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Carbon View Post
    All the Unreal series games work fine on Windows 10.

For UT2003 and 4, you have to change the mouselag setting (as explained in _Lynx's link) in the .ini for D3D, but that's it. I'm using the 64 bit .exe as well for 2K4, but 2K3 is just totally vanilla and working great.

Unreal, NaPali, UT, Unreal 2, 2K3, 2K4, UT3 and the new UT all run flawlessly with Win10.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Temeter View Post
    I had the same issue. It's the ut2004.ini (or the settings/input menu) option to reduce mouse lag that seems to instantly cause CTDs in Win10 when on.

Basically, set "ReduceMouseLag=False", you can edit the ini with a simple text editor.

I do not see an "ini" file in the system folder. Help.
    I installed the 3369 patch, then the 3339 one after it didn't work with the 3369 patch

*UPDATE*- figured it out, changed ReduceMouseLag to "False" in about 4 spots and the game seems to be working perfectly. Thank you!
    Last edited by shane1v; 07-18-2016, 04:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I had the same issue. It's the ut2004.ini (or the settings/input menu) option to reduce mouse lag that seems to instantly cause CTDs in Win10 when on.

Basically, set "ReduceMouseLag=False", you can edit the ini with a simple text editor.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Success! As somebody somewhere (maybe here) suggested, I deleted (renamed) the ut2004.ini file, and it works. I do have to click OK on several error messages every time I launch the game, and it launches in windowed mode, but then I can make it full screen and click some more error messages before it works, every time.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    All the Unreal series games work fine on Windows 10.

For UT2003 and 4, you have to change the mouselag setting (as explained in _Lynx's link) in the .ini for D3D, but that's it. I'm using the 64 bit .exe as well for 2K4, but 2K3 is just totally vanilla and working great.

Unreal, NaPali, UT, Unreal 2, 2K3, 2K4, UT3 and the new UT all run flawlessly with Win10.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That's odd. After clocking OK several times, The game launched in a small window (640x480). I was able to make it full screen 640x480, but when I tried a higher resolution (1920x1080 was not available), the game froze.
    I am considering uninstalling and reinstalling the game, and then applying the fixes mentioned above.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Adding the D3DDrv line (which wasn't there before, even commented out) and commenting out the D3D9Drv line makes a different error window appear that says:
    The procedure entry point Direct3DCreate9Ex could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvscap.dll

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [MENTION=306318]Empyre65[/MENTION] You have set your config to use D3D9, but you don't have the necessary files for it. You should set your config to use OpenGL or D3D as explained in the beginning of this thread: https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...d-useful-links

In your case if you want to stick with D3D, you also need to change RenderDevice option to look like this:

Code:
    RenderDevice=D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice
    ;RenderDevice=D3D9Drv.D3D9RenderDevice
    ;RenderDevice=Engine.NullRenderDevice
    ;RenderDevice=OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice
    ;RenderDevice=PixoDrv.PixoRenderDevice
    Last edited by _Lynx; 07-08-2016, 02:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X