Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Tournament 3 interaction problems with Vulkan drivers & NVIDIA PhysX drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unreal Tournament 3 interaction problems with Vulkan drivers & NVIDIA PhysX drivers

Once I started Unreal Tournament 3 I got KERNELBASE.dll error (on Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit). I checked installed programms and found Vulkan (API) Drivers Installed. After deleting them I was able to run UT3.
    Also UT3 don't support new NVIDIA PhysX drivers. Is there any fixes for these issues or is UT3 just old and forgotten?

Originally posted by e1vp View Post
    Once I started Unreal Tournament 3 I got KERNELBASE.dll error (on Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit). I checked installed programms and found Vulkan (API) Drivers Installed. After deleting them I was able to run UT3.
    Also UT3 don't support new NVIDIA PhysX drivers. Is there any fixes for these issues or is UT3 just old and forgotten?
    old and long since forgotten, join the new hotness of UT4.
    PayBack

Comment

My bad.
      Resolved: problem was not in
      Vulkan (API) Drivers. Perhaps some mods corrupted my UT3 profile. I deleted *.ini files and created new profile.

Anyway
      UT3 doesn't support new NVIDIA PhysX drivers. And this is problem. To play this game I have to delete new NVIDIA PhysX drivers and install old ones instead.
      Last edited by e1vp; 07-30-2016, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by e1vp View Post
        My bad.
        Resolved: problem was not in
        Vulkan (API) Drivers. Perhaps some mods corrupted my UT3 profile. I deleted *.ini files and created new profile.

Anyway
        UT3 doesn't support new NVIDIA PhysX drivers. And this is problem. To play this game I have to delete new NVIDIA PhysX drivers and install old ones instead.
        The game is 9 years old. It's better to work with all forces on the new game version.

Comment

Moved to UT3 section.
          "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
          - RenegadeRetard

Comment

I know the thread is old, but all UT3 threads are so to utilise existing thread space and not add more 'threads' here's a post;

I recently went through approx 400 titles, fixing the Redistributable nightmare* that is GoG, Steam, Origin, UPlay, and old skool CD/DVD etc. I discovered a number of issues and a mass of redundant data, aswel as many file discrepancies and conflicts, i was amazed at how much space i saved.

I have reached out to a number of individuals at the following corps regarding this mess:
            • Microsoft (trying to establish deprecated content)
            • Nvidia (PhysX legacy issues/ unlisted PhysX system software, broken & deprectaed versions)
            • AMD (DCOpt purpose and why not requried on win7)
            • WarnerBros (hoping to see these titles stripped and improved when sold on other platforms)
            • and will continue to approach the following corps;
            • Steam, GoG, Origin, Uplay etc
            p.s. - Microsoft have actually opened up a discussion on this with me, once i explained they pacakge stuff like HyperV but do not support it and kicked up a fuss about wasted data and the internet not being free, i have had positve responses.

Redistributable nightmare*:
            It is understandable that CD/ DVD titles would have been published with the required redistributables for use, However, there are 3 major issues with this as a result of current and future considerations:
            1. [1] Original redistributables, drivers, 3rd-party support ETC may not the be most suitable versions for the title.
            2. [2] With Everything Online this method of Redists is completely redundant and not cost effective, yet is still permeates sales of old titles.
            3. [3] It is a waste of space and a massive waste of internet (which is not free or avail' for everyone)

@Tim Sweeney - This is the Metaverse you wish to consider- the metaverse you impact and create!, Please ensure Epic Games Store does not make the same mistakes as other Online Publishers/ Stores

* Online requirements aside, i cleaned 30+GB - yep! 30+, of re-distributable files from my PC with full functionality still available for all software and games, AND! improved the expereince for many titles as a result of using correct/ most appropriate versions...
            When you only have 2GB data a month downloading 30GB for no reason means it would take literally years to acquire content i already own- WTF!!

The advantages of cleaning up the Redistributable nightmare* is obvious, yet i shall outline clearly below:
            • less data transferred
            • less data stored
            • Less expense for companies
            • less expense for users
            • a better User experience.
            Why and how is this relevant to UT3 users, NVIDIA and PhysX?:

In testing various combinations of Drivers, Versions system software ETC i have gradually eliminated software, labelling it as DEPRECATED when broken, bugged, or superceded by a better version.
            - I have determined that the Legacy PhysX system Software is not adequate as a means of Redist.
            - This also extends to DirectX version 3 - 8 (mostly deprecated due to community fixes and D3D converters/ upgraders, hooks API mods etc), and also they strange variations in MSCV++ and abotu 50mmilion CUDART dll files from nvidia

What are the Redists'?:
            • MSVC++
            • DirectX
            • PhysX
            • 3rd-party (like AMDDCopt for WinXp and similar)
            • 3rd-party - like D3D hooks,m custom hooking, API changes and extended functionality.

An example of notes i have been taking would be as follow:

Spoiler

What i am currently testing:
            PhysX 09.12.0613 NVIDIA PhysX, modified with merged Legacy changes. and some hacky stuff that someone as dumb as me should not be doing.

It truly is amazing to see how some files can completely destroy a users expereince.
            The fact that GoG (Steam etc) smash the same broken files/ content and redists to users when there are better versions available is truly UnCool!!

Feel free to provide your own input regarding this stuff. What versions you find best with what title etc

Maybe? companies will start to provide the most obvious solution

- User buys game - > User downlaods Game - without pointless redistributables, User has option to choose whether to download redists if and when needed.
            - Company provides 1 set of redists (archived) - Not 1 packaged for every title/ game and none of this click this deadlink rubbish

- If the user needs a redist- they can download it Once - and once is all that is needed.

Companies need to provide the redistributables as a seperate download- not packages with every title purchased from a store. GoG should have been doing this properly from the start as sometimes the Redists are bigger than the f-ing game!!

Enjoy

Buy a game > have a choice to download redist > save data/ save money/ better gaming experience = Better metaverse
            Last edited by TKBS; 02-26-2020, 11:56 PM.
            Internet BlackOut in <2 weeks,last chance to request 4 years of Unreal Development(something from every Unreal Engine 50+ maps, chars, weapons, mods, mutators and more).

Comment

done.
              - Note Post #3 by e1vp is incorrect, the latest version of PhysX does work with UT3, but the legacy software kills it if incorrectly implemented or alongside it. PhysX needs to be compatible with the GPU driver, which means experiences can differ. It also can effect Sound which i was pretty shocked to discover.
              - Vulkan Run Time Libraries 1.0.42.1 = no influence on UT3 whatsoever

Feel free to add your own experiences and any software compatibility issues in general.

Win10 stuff:

Spoiler

- I still hope users will do cool stuff with UT3 so for those who are wizards and coders in the future;
              - i have made little to no progress in this area and never will, most of my tests have been audio injection related.
              https://easyhook.github.io/

make it count
              Last edited by TKBS; 02-27-2020, 12:39 AM.
              Internet BlackOut in <2 weeks,last chance to request 4 years of Unreal Development(something from every Unreal Engine 50+ maps, chars, weapons, mods, mutators and more).

Comment

Working...
              X