Custom Character Crashing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[BUG] Custom Character Crashing

I am trying to create a set of custom families for characters of a custom faction that I can't seem to get right. I used the custom family they came with as a base, as well as some hints from other models. Out of four, three crash when attempting to load them ingame and one can't even make it past the UTCustomChar.ini stage (supposedly some parenthesis are missing). All four have a different family. As this is my first attempt at modding UT3, I don't know what's going wrong. If someone could take a look at them and try their hand at fixing them, or just tell me what's wrong and how to fix it myself, I would be very grateful. I don't know how this works, if email is the best way to get these to someone or what, so if someone is interested, please let me know how to get these to you. Thanks in advance to whoever, if anyone, helps.

Hello , the help script you use for UT ยท / UDK is in this thread, but when it comes to a 100% custom skin it is no longer a slave of the Ironguard base, if you do not create a script "Unreal script" with the following

UDN: https://docs.unrealengine.com/udk/Th...haracters.html UT3 basic mod

Script new class family actor / Unreal X Actor

C:\Users\****\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config
    UTEditor.ini

[ModPackages]
    ModPackagesInPath=..\UTGame\Src
    ModOutputDir=..\UTGame\Unpublished\CookedPC\Script
    ModPackages=Family_AAAAA

C:\Users\***\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Src

Create Family_AAAAA folder
    Create Classes folder
    UTFamilyInfo_AAAAA.uc
    [/QUOTE]

class UTFamilyInfo_AAAAA extends UTFamilyInfo
    abstract;

defaultproperties
    {
    Faction="AAAAA"
    FamilyID="AAAA"
    ArmMeshPackageName="AAAAA"
    ArmMeshName="AAAAA.Parts.FPS1P_Arms" // FPS model remplase
    ArmSkinPackageName="AAAAA"
    AnimSets(0)=AnimSet''
    NeckStumpName="SK_CH_IronG_Male_NeckStump01"
    PhysAsset=PhysicsAsset''
    SoundGroupClass=Class''
    VoiceClass=Class''
    BaseMICParent=MaterialInstanceConstant''
    BioDeathMICParent=MaterialInstanceConstant'CH_All.Materials.MI_CH_All_Necris_BioDeath'
    MasterSkeleton=SkeletalMesh''
    CharEditorIdleAnimName="CC_Human_Male_Idle"
    Gibs(0)=(BoneName="b_LeftForeArm",GibClass=Class'UTGame.UTGib_HumanArm')
    Gibs(1)=(BoneName="b_RightForeArm",GibClass=Class'UTGame.UTGib_HumanArm',bHighDetailOnly=True)
    Gibs(2)=(BoneName="b_LeftLeg",GibClass=Class'UTGame.UTGib_HumanChunk')
    Gibs(3)=(BoneName="b_RightLeg",GibClass=Class'UTGame.UTGib_HumanChunk',bHighDetailOnly=True)
    Gibs(4)=(BoneName="b_Spine",GibClass=Class'UTGame.UTGib_HumanTorso')
    Gibs(5)=(BoneName="b_Spine1",GibClass=Class'UTGame.UTGib_HumanChunk')
    Gibs(6)=(BoneName="b_Spine2",GibClass=Class'UTGame.UTGib_HumanBone')
    Gibs(7)=(BoneName="b_LeftLegUpper",GibClass=Class'UTGame.UTGib_HumanChunk',bHighDetailOnly=True)
    Gibs(8)=(BoneName="b_RightLegUpper",GibClass=Class'UTGame.UTGib_HumanChunk',bHighDetailOnly=True)
    HeadGib=(BoneName="b_Head",GibClass=Class'UTGame.UTGib_HumanHead')
    DeathMeshSkelMesh=SkeletalMesh'CH_Skeletons.Mesh.SK_CH_Skeleton_Human_Male'
    DeathMeshPhysAsset=PhysicsAsset''
    DeathMeshNumMaterialsToSetResident=2
    SkeletonBurnOutMaterials(0)=MaterialInstanceTimeVarying'CH_Skeletons.Materials.MITV_CH_Skeletons_Human_01_BO'
    Name="Default__UTFamilyInfo_AAAAA"
    ObjectArchetype=UTFamilyInfo'UTGame.Default__UTFamilyInfo'

[/QUOTE]

UTPawnSoundGroup_AAAAA.uc

class UTPawnSoundGroup_AAAAA extends UTPawnSoundGroup;

defaultproperties
    {
    DodgeSound=SoundCue'A_Character_IGFemale_Cue.Efforts.A_Effort_IGFemale_Dodge_Cue' // sound upk remplase
    DoubleJumpSound=SoundCue'A_Character_IGFemale_Cue.Efforts.A_Effort_IGFemale_DoubleJump_Cue'
    LandSound=SoundCue'A_Character_IGFemale_Cue.Efforts.A_Effort_IGFemale_LandLight_Cue'
    FallingDamageLandSound=SoundCue'A_Character_IGFemale_Cue.Efforts.A_Effort_IGFemale_LandHeavy_Cue'
    DyingSound=SoundCue''
    HitSounds(0)=SoundCue''
    HitSounds(1)=SoundCue''
    HitSounds(2)=SoundCue''
    Name="Default__UTPawnSoundGroup_AAAAA"
    ObjectArchetype=UTPawnSoundGroup'UTGame.Default__UTPawnSoundGroup'
    }

UTVoice_AAAAA.uc // remplase voices

UTCustomChar.ini a

Parts=(Part=PART_Helmet,ObjectName="A.Parts.mesh_A",PartID="AB",FamilyID="XXXX")
    Parts=(Part=PART_Head,ObjectName="A.Parts.mesh_A",PartID="AB",FamilyID="XXXX")
    Parts=(Part=PART_Torso,ObjectName="A.Parts.mesh_A",PartID="AB",FamilyID="XXXX")
    Parts=(Part=PART_Arms,ObjectName="A.Parts.mesh_A",PartID="AB",FamilyID="XXXX")
    Parts=(Part=PART_Thighs,ObjectName="A.Parts.mesh_A",PartID="AB",FamilyID="XXXX")
    Parts=(Part=PART_Boots,ObjectName="A.Parts.mesh_A",PartID="AB",FamilyID="XXXX")

Characters=(CharName="name char",Description="<Strings:>",CharID="1",bLocked="false",Faction="Ironguard",
    PreviewImageMarkup="<Images:X.Textures.X_UI>",CharData=(FamilyID="XXXX",HelmetID="AB",
    HeadID="AB",TorsoID="AB",ShoPadID="A",bHasLeftShoPad=false,bHasRightShoPad=false,ArmsID="AB",ThighsID="AB",BootsID="AB"),
    AIData=(Tactics=1.0, StrafingAbility=1.0, Aggressiveness=0.5, Accuracy=0.9,FavoriteWeapon="UTGame.UTWeap_ShockRifle"))

ModFamilies=Family_AAAA.UTFamilyInfo_AAA

Comment

I have custom families created for each character, including most of what you posted, and the editor finds no errors when compiling the scripts, no warnings, nothing. I can try adding some of those missing things and see if that works, though. Thank you for the reply and information!

Update: Well, that worked! Thank you very much, Skaa3z, these were driving me crazy!
      Last edited by Caellix; 09-29-2017, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X