Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sorry, you do not appear to be authorized to play this game on Steam at this time.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[BUG] Sorry, you do not appear to be authorized to play this game on Steam at this time.

https://gyazo.com/8149b28d3d53f5dd515d38ac367a95bc

Since years, everytime I want to play on "[DBH] BattleRPG [Warfare][VCTF][Greed]" server I get this error. I get it only on this server.

Exception: If I create a new login then I can connect 1x till the map changes.

A year ago I wrote to Flak (Stacey). She gave me a new UT3 key. That was nice but did not solve the problem.

Is this problem solvable?

I had this the other day (a week or so ago?) on my own darn server lol.
    Restarting Steam and the server fixed it for me then.
    I'm not exactly sure what caused or fixed it though.
    Pro 2 Play Community Website @ https://www.pro2play.com/
    UT4 Server/Hub Guide @ https://www.pro2play.com/games/ut4/guide.php
    UT3 Server Guide @ https://www.pro2play.com/games/ut3/serverguide.php
    Need help? Join Discord Chat @ https://discord.gg/ETv384q

Comment

Originally posted by zunnie View Post
      I had this the other day (a week or so ago?) on my own darn server lol.
      Restarting Steam and the server fixed it for me then.
      I'm not exactly sure what caused or fixed it though.
      For the server I wrote above no restart helps. I get this error every time.

I wonder why Bubbaxme and you get this special status in this forum.

Comment

Why would you wonder why we get "special status?"

Comment

The quesiton is legitimate and interesting how Epic does chose their admins and special members.

Comment

I was a moderator for Epic when you were probably playing your first hour of 12000 hours of UT3 so I am not sure what that has to do with anything here. The people they chose to test UT4 were no more than active competitive members of all UT's from over the years, and actually there were more from other parts of the world than Americans, so please do your research before you speak. Lastly, I have played many more hours of UT3 than you will comprehend but since I played mostly outside of steam it's not tracked. I honestly don't care how many hours I have played any game, I play to win and as the case with all of the UT series, just because you have played a lot, does not mean you are good.

Also, something else that leads to nowhere is insulting those that you have asked for help.....

Comment

Zunnie got his because he is an ambassador for the series which means he tries to help others out whenever he can.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbaxm2 View Post
                I was a moderator for Epic when you were probably playing your first hour of 12000 hours of UT3 so I am not sure what that has to do with anything here. The people they chose to test UT4 were no more than active competitive members of all UT's from over the years, and actually there were more from other parts of the world than Americans, so please do your research before you speak. Lastly, I have played many more hours of UT3 than you will comprehend but since I played mostly outside of steam it's not tracked. I honestly don't care how many hours I have played any game, I play to win and as the case with all of the UT series, just because you have played a lot, does not mean you are good.

Also, something else that leads to nowhere is insulting those that you have asked for help.....

Thanks for the detailed answer and serious appologies if it came across as insulting.

I wasn't aware that you were already reading, or I would not have replaced my answer with a short and concise one. If it is possible for you as Super Moderator you can re-post it again for more clarity.

And no: II did not intend by any means to insult Zunnie or you and I do hope it did not come across like that. I know that you have sometimes a hot temper (me probably too) and that's why I removed the lengthy post with a short and more to the point one to not risk bad vibes. I am not looking for trouble. If you would know me personally, and not from chating, you would probably, and hopfeully(!), have a different opinon of me. I am just curious how Epic does choose their admins or in general how they get aware of people. I noticed that Zunnie is not very oftenly playing, but when he is playing he is very friendly and tries to make people join his forum - community work as such, while you have great knowledge about the login process and I saw you as good as never (resp. with your current nick really never) playing. From your answer I learn that your relation with Epic begun long before UT3. How did you get moderator for Epic in the first place then?

And yes: Just because somebody does play a lot it doesn't mean that he or she is a good player. Total agreement.

About UT4:
                I know many not good players but also some really decent players, nobody has been contacted and asked to participate.
                I myself I would judge as a extraordinary good Warfare player, a good Greed player, a quite good TDM player, an okay VCTF player and a lousy Duel player. With 12.000 hours playtime ins Steam and some more without Steam one should think that I quite participating and present in the game . Yet as well nobody contacted me on Epics search for "the best players".
                Later I learned one or several good VCTF players. A game mode were I was indeed not very present.
                Last edited by Doc Greystone; 11-26-2017, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Zunnie got his because he is an ambassador for the series which means he tries to help others out whenever he can.
                  I experienced that many times. Also he provides an own server. But it is not clear to me how Epic gets aware of people. Is it foremost the Epic forum participation?

Comment

Epic hasn't contacted anyone in a couple of years now to come out and playtest UT4. Those that went out then were those that played competitively or were active within the game, not just playing, but promoting and running communities. So there is more to it than just being a player or throwing your name in a hat.
                    I got moderator because I am always here, as in I have been around forever and don't abandon ship if I don't like the next UT. I think they are all enjoyable in their own way and I see no need in badmouthing any of them.
                    And for the record I don't have a hot temper, just little patience for someone that has already insulted me when your were so nice as to throw that slur on my steam profile last year.

Comment

"Also, something else that leads to nowhere is insulting those that you have asked for help....."

Yes. You just helped me a good deal with the erased setting problem. It's still there but became a lot better and less disturbing. I don't want to insult you.

Comment

Epic hasn't contacted anyone in a couple of years now to come out and playtest UT4. Those that went out then were those that played competitively or were active within the game, not just playing, but promoting and running communities. So there is more to it than just being a player or throwing your name in a hat.
                        I understand. If I remember right some guys from one of this awesome map maker community was chosen, GOW I believe.

I got moderator because I am always here, as in I have been around forever and don't abandon ship if I don't like the next UT. I think they are all enjoyable in their own way and I see no need in badmouthing any of them.
                        And for the record I don't have a hot temper, just little patience for someone that has already insulted me when your were so nice as to throw that slur on my steam profile last year.
                        I understand. You got moderator because of a lot of forum acitivity.

And for the record: It was mutual, things happened in both directions. But that is forgiven and snow of yesteryyear. Thank you for the detailed answers. Epics chosing process became a lot more clear to me thanks to your effort!

Here an edifying aphorism for you: "Mach es wie die Sonnenuhr, zähl die heitren Stunden nur!".
                        Last edited by Doc Greystone; 11-26-2017, 10:43 PM.

Comment

I just wish some Epic developpers/programmers/technic guys would still care for UT3 and fix some stuff like the above error message which I get since years. Or the "a duplicated login has been detected" error. Or why my profile settings need now 10 - 40 seconds to load. Or the in few situations a bad bot way tracking, on the map Onyx Coast for instance they move the leviathan right in the own base in a way that it totally blocks and can't be moved anymore, and all bots go into the Leviathan, so you as human player play alone vs the full enemy team while your bots are stucked in your own base.

Comment

Working...
                          X