UT3 MolochX maps previews

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 MolochX maps previews

Here you can enjoy Unreal Tournament 3 custom maps previews. I began with Moloch maps, because he is almost the only guy who still works on mapping for this game and because his maps are extremely original. Please pay attention to his releases from 2016. I don't show gameplay on these maps (gameplay isn't the best part there); I just show maps themselves (layout, tremendous atmosphere and design). There are more then 140 of Moloch works.
    I turned off the HUD and tried to make picture as clean as possible. Console commands that was used: 'ghost', 'walk', 'slomo' ,'showhud', 'killbots', 'setspeed ' (press "Tab" in game).
    No commentary. Every map is showed with "Depth of Field" setting off and on which changes visuals drastically. "Post-processing" effect is by "Default".
    Open Broadcaster Software is used for video recording. These maps look better in game than on vids (video compression did its nasty job).
    Also, I make flythrough videos with the help of Spectator mutators made by RattleSN4K3. These videos are marked as HD.
    The Full HD 1920×1080 screenshots with no HUD were taken with Bandicam in JPG-high quality format.

Video Playlist:

YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...UHy5kJV7FN9h8z

Twitch
    https://www.twitch.tv/collections/UmttSTKEXhUU2Q

Rutube
    https://rutube.ru/video/person/855930/

Examples:

Topics:

All Moloch's maps 140 in total (7,09 GB) + Moloch's novel Christcrusher can be downloaded here:

Google drive:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JoG...ew?usp=sharing

Mega:
    https://mega.nz/#!v4ElBICS!pvD-YQ_nZ...thnCwN_09rswOo

Also, all released Moloch works were screen captured in Full HD 1920×1080 with no HUD. The screenshots were taken with Bandicam in JPG-high quality format. Here are the links (there are no screens for Pack 7 yet):
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_K...spTFkk0byttQfi
    alternative link:
    https://mega.nz/#!nps33Ygb!W8oWzWKBD...​​​​

Additional links, thanks to Carbon:

Requirements: Unreal Tournament 3 Patch 2.1 Titan pack
    Extract all the files to:
    C:\Users\User\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps
    Or run the game with -nohomedir parameter and put the maps to the root game folder ..\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps.

This Archive includes all packs (2011 - March 2019):

Spoiler

List of maps:

Spoiler

You may need UT3 Bombing Run mod. Both versions 3.1 and 3.22 are already included in the archive. Also, here is an extra link:
    https://www.utzone.de/forum/download...o=file&id=3540

Read "redme.txt" carefully on how to install this mod

In addition:
    for observing enormous maps easily with noHUD
    I highly recommend using both PC Normal version MutateSpec_v0.6b and SpectatorHelper mutators
    made by RattleSN4K3

Configure them before using.

Additional link for mutators (both in archive + my fixes for .ini file)
    https://mega.nz/#!n1Nx1IQb!S_NUhaZv_...8z1RZyut3d4wkU

P.S. For those who are interested in such an art I'd recommend checking these artists:
    H. R. Giger, Zdzisław Beksiński, Wayne Barlowe, Daniele Valeriani, Kuldar Leement, Max Bedulenko, Alex Kozhanov, Julian Faylona, Adam Burn, Aeron Alfrey, Hieronymus Bosch, Dariusz Zawadzki, Seeming Watcher, Toshihiro Egawa, Marco Hasmann, Par Olofsson, Juanjo Castellano, Nick Keller, Ola Larsson, Dan Seagrave, Rafael Tavares, Paolo Girardi, Dane Hallett, Sverker Castillo, Nestor Avalos, Mark Riddick, Robert Morgan.
    Note that works of most above-mentioned artists are not for many and have explicit content, so you were warned!
    Last edited by e1vp; 03-12-2019, 05:53 AM.

This looks really good, incredible work by MolochX. The only thing this map needs is: players (and vehicles and flags ).
    ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
    ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

e1vp, Thank you for your attention.

Comment

MolochX, no problem mate.
        Last edited by e1vp; 07-07-2018, 03:40 PM.

Comment

I would like to see you become a RypeLCam pro and re-do all these videos

Do you use OBS or OBS studio? at risk of running off the Unreal Topic:
          I found that the newest OBS Studio is terrible. Maybe my pc just needs a good clean up, a new wifi connector and some tlc but **** its really bad recently.

gj on the maps btw
          Last edited by TKBS; 02-06-2018, 01:38 PM.
          Internet BlackOut in <2 weeks,last chance to request 4 years of Unreal Development(something from every Unreal Engine 50+ maps, chars, weapons, mods, mutators and more).

Comment

Originally posted by TKBS View Post
            I would like to see you become a RypeLCam pro and re-do all these videos
            Sadly, I never finished/polished the developement version of RypelCam. I added a lot of user interaction and planned such feature which exists with the current UE editor. I got really interested in finishing it due to having the idea of archiving all my gameplay demos on Youtube (with multi channel/video).

] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
            ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

TKBS, I use Open Broadcaster Software that offers you OBS Studio to download (version 21.0.1 for 64bit Windows). I don't know any other version of this software. Works nice for me. Sometimes I have troubles though. If you don't have sound while recording or other issue just restart the program.
              Unfortunately I don't have good modern settings like 4K monitor with sync and neither powerful PC to handle it and I don't use mapping tools, demo recording tools and video editors. I know my videos a bit boring and rough to watch but enjoy them as they are.
              Never had experience with RypeLCam. I think I don't have time for it.
              Last edited by e1vp; 02-07-2018, 03:39 AM.

Comment

@ e1vp:Thanks for reply. I wouldn't call them boring, but i like Unreal...
                I think It is difficult to get new people involved without the best of the best though you know
                Will continue to keep an eye on this thread

@ RattleSN4K3:

- Your work with RypeL and VegasKiLL was (is) pretty awesome i didn't realise the development of RCam went so far coz there was too many hidden projects i was never involved in.
                - It can be very difficult to use, but once you get used to it, it has so Epic potential to bring interest back to Unreal. Best frag movies ever would be UT3 and Rypel im sure.
                - I always wanted to make a nice RCam video of all my UT3 content, the impact it has is incredibly positive, mainly becuase im tired of being homeless and out of work.
                * One Problem with RCam for me was that the XBOX 360 USB controller did not function like in normal spectator mode. Which was a big shame because the controller is alot smoother than use of the mouse

@ AnyoneActiveWhoCares:

- For the past 24hrs I have been streaming the agei and nvidia physx fixes on a fresh install of UT3. Come and watch so im not on my own for another 24hrs lol
                YouTube WildPsyduck
                Last edited by TKBS; 02-07-2018, 12:37 PM.
                Internet BlackOut in <2 weeks,last chance to request 4 years of Unreal Development(something from every Unreal Engine 50+ maps, chars, weapons, mods, mutators and more).

Comment

MolochX's maps are impressive and quite original, I just wish he'd improve bot path.

Comment

JimmyCognitti, true. I feel like his maps are more fit for Assault, Coop, Invasion, Trials, Singleplayer or at least Warfare (which is official in UT3) but not for DM, CTF, VCTF.
                    But anyway I enjoy these maps even more without bots. Michail is an artist in this game and he is free to express himself in level design as he wants to.
                    Last edited by e1vp; 02-15-2018, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Dude, those videos are actually spoilers! It's great of you to make them, but with Moloch's work, the joy of the object is the reveal!
                      My Unreal game collection. Unreal series screenshots (2560x1440)

Comment

Carbon, I do these videos for people who doesn't have Unreal Tournament 3 or quit it long ago and doesn't want to come back and for people who thinks that UT3 was bad. Also I do it for myself personally. All credits to Michail 'Moloch' Levchinko. He doesn't have time to make advertising videos.
                        By the way if you have good PC and good monitor, these maps look much better in game than on videos.
                        Last edited by e1vp; 03-01-2018, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Maybe because the interface of the ut3 menu is not nice. But ut4 also does not measure up to what was ut2004. Maybe the battle royale or the moba. But the sand fps are no longer as competitive as before, they are unsuccessful and epic game will support fornite. I doubt that ut4 freeze it as it happened with paragon. And if it is for visual ue4 I have many indie games, which surpassed the udk (3.5) for many. UT3 has no future. But ue4 is getting far. I like ue3 because of how optimized it is, instead the current engines every month consume more and more resources. I am not one of those people who change the graph every year. And ut3 is a classic like the crysis 1 that is already in the shade. The technology changes but inculso until the oldest games reforming it or adding content reminds you of the past. I will not leave ut3 (I'm a fan of ut from small even more than the quake 3 arena). What happens with many current games is that it does not have an essence. UT99 was gold because I achieve something unique. Now you do not know what game has essence if everyone wants a piece of the same cake and kill the creativity.

I like the creativity of MolochX. which I support all those who maintain projects in ut3.

Comment

Unreleased version of DM-Erebus

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_27056.jpg Views:	1 Size:	413.2 KB ID:	397588
                            Last edited by e1vp; 05-06-2018, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by e1vp
                              I do these videos for people who doesn't have Unreal Tournament 3 or quit it long ago and doesn't want to come back and for people who thinks that UT3 was bad. Also I do it for myself personally. All credits to Michail 'Moloch' Levchinko. He doesn't have time to make advertising videos.
                              Sure, cool. But that doesn't change what I said and a nice looking map doesn't change the entire game; many people didn't like UT3 for reasons other than the quality of the maps.

Anyhow, I don't watch the vids simply because I would rather wait and discover Moloch's work myself and not have the surprise ruined. Just a spoiler alert, that's all.
                              My Unreal game collection. Unreal series screenshots (2560x1440)

Comment

Working...
                              X