Description: Adds new spectator controls and enhancing features
    Features:
    • Adds controls and bey binds to change camera speed
    • Clients can change settings independently on their side
    • Full net support
    • Full compatiblity to other mutators
    • Configurable via Ini file
    • Configurable in-game via console command
    • No replacement of Pawn, PlayerController classes (or anything)
    • Works for instant action and online games

Friendly Name: Spectator Helper
    Date: April 16, 2018
    Compatibility: Works in 2.1 (+Titan Pack). Prior versions not tested.
    Size: ~ 34 KB
    Comment: /
    Credits: Epic Games, WGH (SpectatorUI), e1vp (idea/request)
    Coder: RattleSN4K3

Download:
    SpectatorHelper_v1.0.zip [12 KB]

Read the Readme file for more information.
    ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
    ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

[Placeholder]
    ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
    ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

RattleSN4K3, as I understand I need to use this mutator with your Mutate Spec 0.6. So I got a critical error after loading a map while using them both. Well it seems to be a problem of Mutate Spec 0.6 - it doesn't work.
      Anyhow SpectatorHelper works with SpectateBotmatch mutator but cam speed is twice slower comparing to SpectatorUI when I use buttons. And those beeping sounds while changing the cam speed - these are bad. Can they be turned off?
      Could you make the camera faster just as it is in SpectatorUI and remove all the beeping sounds?
      Also it would be nice to have spectate-join in-game buttons or at least console commands to do this in order to avoid other mutators.
      As for Mouse Scroll - I liked that feature but using Alt+Scroll is so inconvenient when making movies. Can it be something simpler? Right mouse + scroll or just scroll?
      Scroll max speed by default must be about 37000.0 (tested on huge maps)

Well, I managed to change ini settings for my purpose. Still I think there is no way to get rid of beeping sounds. This is my biggest complaint as well as spectate-join in-game buttons.
      Last edited by e1vp; 04-16-2018, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by e1vp View Post
        as I understand I need to use this mutator with your Mutate Spec 0.6.
        Yes, you need to use that mutator, or any other mutator featuring switching to spec. I won't add the functionality of switching to spec,

So I got a critical error after loading a map while using them both. Well it seems to be a problem of Mutate Spec 0.6 - it doesn't work.
        Could you provide the error log. I am not able to reproduce any issue with either SpectatorHelper, MutateSpec or both in combination.

Anyhow SpectatorHelper works with SpectateBotmatch mutator but cam speed is twice slower comparing to SpectatorUI when I use buttons. And those beeping sounds while changing the cam speed - these are bad. Can they be turned off?
        Could you make the camera faster just as it is in SpectatorUI and remove all the beeping sounds?
        The camera speed is not touched if you don't press anything. The mutator is also not meant to be a copy of SpectatorUI. The speeds slightly differ.
        Default configs SpectatorUI SpectatorHelper
        Key 1 0,0625 0,1
        Key 2 0,125 0,25
        Key 3 0,25 0,5
        Key 4 0,5 0,75
        Key 5 1 1
        Key 6 2 1,5
        Key 7 4 2
        Key 8 8 4
        Key 9 16 8
        Key 10 32 16
        But you can just change the config settings as you like. That's the advandantage of my approach. SpectatorUI only allowed to specify keys and a value which is then used with the formula:
        Code:
        NewSpeed = Stored_Default_Speed * (2 ^ (VALUE - 4));

Also it would be nice to have spectate-join in-game buttons or at least console commands to do this in order to avoid other mutators.
        As said, I won't add anything like that. Any other mutator is just fine for that purpose. Adding that feature could either negate any other mutator or it would be too much for this purpose. This mutaor is not only meant for that free fly camera speed.

As for Mouse Scroll - I liked that feature but using Alt+Scroll is so inconvenient when making movies. Can it be something simpler? Right mouse + scroll or just scroll?
        It should be possible if you add the key for the right mouse button to the "SwitchKeys" array in the config. Alt is a non-used key with the default configuration. Shift is used for walk and Control for Duck which both do change the camera. That's why I used Alt,

Scroll max speed by default must be about 37000.0 (tested on huge maps)
        If you mean the max speed variable of the mutator configuration, there is no "it must", "it should be" or anything like that. It's a hard limit for the camera speed when changing the camera speed with the incremental (UseSpeedBindsOnScrolling=False) mouse wheel (Alt + Next/Prev Weapon). You can change that value to anything you like (even a higher value that that).

Well, I managed to change ini settings for my purpose. Still I think there is no way to get rid of beeping sounds. This is my biggest complaint as well as spectate-join in-game buttons.
        The only beeps by this mutator come from the in-game message if you either configure the mutator (with the console command) or change the camera speed. That message can be turned of with "NoScreenMessage=True" in the config file.

Comment

Thanks for that but that doesn't help. It's the generic error message of the VC++ redist framework.

Could you check the log file, which is located here:
          Code:
          %userprofile%\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Logs\Launch.log
          It is likely a missing file. You have to install both files which come with the mutator:
          MutateSpec.u
          MutateSpecClient.u

Comment

RattleSN4K3, many thanks for the mutator. I configured ini and turned off beeping sounds. Now It works good.

Sorry, I deleted my previous post. Everything works fine now.
            I just reinstalled MutateSpec 0.6 and it started working.
            PC Full version of MutateSpec_v0.6b_Full was the problem. Install PC Normal version of MutateSpec_v0.6b instead.

Notice for users: I highly recommend using SpectatorHelper mutator with MutateSpec 0.6 mutator.

Now again. Thank you very much.
            Best regards!
            Last edited by e1vp; 04-17-2018, 05:24 PM.

Comment

It's like the missing package thingy. MutateSpec has a zipped archive which comes with a WebAdmin package (the full version in contrast to the "Normal version"). This package is optional for MutateSpec. The only option in UnrealScript to allow dynamic content in such case is try loading the package. This is what MutateSpec does, it tries to load the optional WebAdmin package. If that files exists, the engine will parse the package and check the references of that package. The MutateSpec-WebAdmin package has the original WebAdmin package which most users haven't installed. Therefore it can crash the game (to desktop) as it doesn't find that reference. I haven't actually documented that.

Comment

Yep, second notice for users: Install PC Normal version of MutateSpec_v0.6b and avoid PC Full version of MutateSpec_v0.6b_Full unless you are an admin.
                Last edited by e1vp; 04-17-2018, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Hi, RattleSN4K3. I faced some map restrictions whilst spectating some of them. In spectator mode with 'ghost' ON I can't get to the very bottom of the map.
                  Good example DM-Biomechanical_Larva.
                  While going towards the bottom I hit an invisible surface at some 2/3 of the map. I guess these are hardcoded blocking volumes that were added to the map by the author.
                  Can these restrictions be avoided somehow in spectator mode? (I do use 'ghost' ON and it doesn't help here)

Comment

I did not put anything. One day I wanted to leave this world in one of the maps. I packed my backpack and went, but rested in an invisible surface. I realized that this is the limit of the universe. Behind him is NOTHING. This was invented by the gods from Epic. Insidious ancient gods...

According to legend, in ancient times, when the world had no limits, one of the employees of Epic Games retired into the darkness and did not return. He lost his way and is still wandering somewhere in the unknown, hoping to find his way back to the map. After that, a construction hypercube and a world killzone were created. But we know there is something there.The demons of the night will help us break through the barrier and then we ourselves become the gods of the Void.
                    Last edited by MolochX; 04-27-2018, 04:31 AM.

Comment

MolochX, thanks man for the comprehensive reply. That helped me a lot. From now on I feel no limits and restrictions.

Comment

e1vp, I sent you a message, but I'm not sure if it was sent. There is a very strange system for sending messages ..

Comment

Hey, RattleSN4K3. Sorry this thread went off-topic a bit. Could you please reply?

"I faced some map restrictions whilst spectating some of them. In spectator mode with 'ghost' ON I can't get to the very bottom of the map.
                          Good example DM-Biomechanical_Larva.
                          While going towards the bottom I hit an invisible surface at some 2/3 of the map. I guess these are hardcoded blocking volumes that were added to the map by the author.
                          Can these restrictions be avoided somehow in spectator mode? (I do use 'ghost' ON and it doesn't help here)"

Comment

I though you managed that already. AFAIK there is no built-in command to bypass such blocking volumens. Ghost mode generally just sets the collision with the world to off but it likely keeps other collision (collide with complex etc.). Not sure if the "FreeCamera" console command could help in that case. Don't know if it is possible to bypass that with UnrealScript.

Comment

Hi, RattleSN4K3!
                              I don't want to be a nuisance, but
                              1. Could you add to your mutator feature to bypass such blocking volumes. Is it possible?
                              2. Another request: possibility to go through a teleport while spectating. Do you remember that feature in Quake 3? When in spectator mod you come close to teleport - you are teleported as spectator to another location. So spectator can use teleports. Is it real to do in UT3?
                              3. I came across some maps that are shivering. Good example DM-Intergalactic2. Screen on this map is quaking all the time (it is a map feature to give you a feel that map is moving). But this shaking is still present in spectator mode. Can I get rid of it somehow? Or could you add some variables to the mutator to turn this shaking off if it is possible?
                              Another example here is a standard map DM-OceanRelic and DM-Azathoth when you feel huge quake from time to time.

Comment

Working...
                              X