Help With Character Meshes Distorting Upon Import

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help With Character Meshes Distorting Upon Import

I've been trying to new character models to UT3, but I'm running into a problem. It looks fine when it's loaded in the generic browser, and I can change the coordinates to be in line with model requirements (Z location, Yaw, etc.), but if I set it to the basic skeleton or try to test it in game, it distorts and looks absolutely horrendous, if not outright invisible from certain angles.
    I use Blender, and I've tried for a few weeks to find a fix, but I'm not finding anything that helps me. It could just be something obvious my own stupidity overlooks, but if anyone can help, I'd be very grateful. If more details are needed, I can try to provide them to the best of my knowledge, which is admittedly not much in this case.
    Last edited by Caellix; 08-12-2018, 06:12 PM.

You can show images or video of what is failing? . To see what the problem is
    In ut3 the addon. It is not an exact copy to ut3 base. If the master skeleton is identified in the UC script (custom char script) and this declares the bones that were modified, mutated or new.

Comment

The distortion isn't terrible, after toying with it a bit, but some is still there, and the biggest problem is it moves out of place. Where this mesh should be face-level, it moves beneath where the boots would be when it is attached to animations. The first screenshot is what it looks like when it's imported with no attachments, the second when it distorts and moves.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Glasses1.png
Views:	3
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	401944Click image for larger version

Name:	Glasses2.png
Views:	2
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	401945
      Attached Files

Comment

I do not understand what model it is. a lens wants to use transparent materials. Or the model came out with an inverted face.
        Another thing to keep in mind is that the parties do not affect the model itself. According to the base script of ut3. Only the head will be the one that coordinates the pivot.
        and mixed materials. they will be slaves of the Head material. And not from the Body part.

If we use a one part model. the others would have to be invisible or good. of micro polygons

But I have my doubt. what model do you want to make?

Name:	tbhairmask.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	401948

Name:	overtracer.jpg
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	401949

Name:	overtracer2.jpg
Size:	156.7 KB
ID:	401950

examples of mixed materials by UC scrip. I need more details to understand what he wants to create in ut3 and give him a hand.

Comment

The model is a pair of glasses, but a very odd, confusing pair. It probably would have been prudent to give pictures of the model from the beginning, my apologies for not doing so.

Name:	Cecil1.png
Size:	184.9 KB
ID:	401952Click image for larger version

Name:	Cecil2.png
Size:	567.2 KB
ID:	401953Click image for larger version

Name:	Cecil3.png
Size:	216.0 KB
ID:	401954

Comment

yes, it is an interesting model but it will not work if you use ut3 base as a reference.

I explain. Transparent material (lens glass and distortion if required) will use the Head Material assignment. And the body and face (opaque) all in a 4K UV. 4096x4096. The upk head head = lens and the remaining upk will be the rest of the model.

IF you want to give tail dynamics. I would have to add extra bones to the skeleton and it requires a new Asset " pkysical body".

All this is declared in the boot script. I'm going to prepare a guide.

Note: I wonder why UDN did not give examples of this type. After releasing the 3d max and maya plugin.

Comment

I have at least given him a custom skeleton, or at least what I hope is a decent start to one. I planned on giving physics to his scarf, coat, and tail, using other models as a reference. Those bones can be seen, hopefully clearly, in these pictures.

Name:	Skel1.png
Size:	163.1 KB
ID:	401963Click image for larger version

Name:	Skel2.png
Size:	366.2 KB
ID:	401964Click image for larger version

Name:	Skel3.png
Size:	740.0 KB
ID:	401965

Comment

The work is more complex since UT3 does not use the tech apex clot. I will have to use animations in the base UT3 clothing.

https://api.unrealengine.com/udk/Three/ActorX.html

http://www.gildor.org/downloads 3d max tools.

which requires 2 tools. the Unreal Actor of 3d max or maya and the the U Importer of gildor.

I recommend using 3d max 2010 which is the most stable.

Click image for larger version  Name:	UT3-ImporterPsk_PSA.jpg Views:	1 Size:	269.5 KB ID:	401974

Once we have the work tools. You would have to recreate the animations by creating the name with the bones of the tail, hair and the case of clothing.

Click image for larger version  Name:	UT3-ImporterPsk_PSA2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	207.2 KB ID:	401975

You have to load the ut3 animation and rewrite it in the export tool on the right side. And the custom anime will be created. With the new bones. the tail will have its dynamics and then its physics will be the case.
                It can also give life, to the eyes mouth etc. UT3 Editor. He will demand that he declare all the bones. New. If he does not recognize them they will be slaves of the b_roof and will be static. It is for that reason that you will have to invest time in recreating the entire anim set. and adapt it to your character. And you can make spiders, or 4-arm bugs among others. It is also advisable to create a master skeleton. that already has reference. clothes, hair and tail or extra clothes. to avoid creating the animals set of 0. As if it were an indi.

my exemple

Click image for larger version  Name:	UT3-ImporterPsk_PSA3.jpg Views:	1 Size:	293.7 KB ID:	401976

Here I charge my recreation of anim set vera that is wider than the original consists of more than 800keys frames and that of ut3 base is 220 keys frames. This is because the animation was extended by the extra movement of the bones that were added.

Click image for larger version  Name:	UT3-ImporterPsk_PSA4.jpg Views:	1 Size:	211.2 KB ID:	401977

Remember that you also have to divide your model into 4 parts
                Body - arms - legs and boots. ( head part used mix materials) googles or helmet
                ----
                As your model will use transparent lenses. will have to join the head with the body. (body head part.psk) and the head google.psk.
                Bodyhead,legs,arms and boots = material body and Headgoogle ( material trans or distortion )
                the material of the body will have to be a uv, texture of 4k (4096x4096) and the glasses a small transparency of gray texture of 256 or 512. to save mb in bits.

once you have the fractionated model in the 5 parts, the uv and the animaciones.
                He has already started working within UT3 Editor.
                Last edited by Skaa3z; 08-14-2018, 12:59 PM.

Comment

So I can't do this in Blender? Would the trial version of 3ds Max work?

Comment

I do not know if there is a creator of animations in blender. that's why I prefer to use 3d max 2010.
                    But how do I see that the ut3 information is extinguished. I'm going to do a tutorial. So you can use fast and effective 3d max and ut3. Without much difficulty. Since when I did my first mod I was 18 years old. and now I have more than 29.

And I know it's not hard to use. it just requires a little practice.

my last work

= )

Comment

Very impressive!
                      I looked at Blender's animation editor, and it's... less than ideal. Extra bones, which are kind of necessary for this model, aren't really compatible, if the heavy glitching was any kind of sign. I don't think I can use it for this, and I definitely can't afford either 3ds Max or Maya.

Comment

OKy, if you succeed. import and export the psa and psk animations. in blender

Comment

My apologies, I've been dealing with family issues, so I haven't had time to work on this for a few days.
                          Following your advice, I tried exporting the animations, though only the female character select idle imports, and tried importing that.

For reference, this is what I had BEFORE exporting, using the glasses as the model again.

Name:	SkelDisplaced1.png
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	402145

And this is what came out.

Name:	SkelDisplaced2.png
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	402146

Comment

ok, the master skeleton with its psa animation is already armed. The next thing is to test the compatibility of your skeleton with the ut3 base. So that no failures are generated in the UT3 Editor.
                            Then we will test the model in UT3 Editor. To see how the mesh is carried.

Comment

Evidently, I did something horribly wrong. It can be seen in the corner that the mesh isn't too bad, minus a stretched part, the window view is a another story.

Name:	Glasses3.png
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	402163

Comment

Working...
                              X