Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• started a topic Help With Character Meshes Distorting Upon Import

Help With Character Meshes Distorting Upon Import

I've been trying to new character models to UT3, but I'm running into a problem. It looks fine when it's loaded in the generic browser, and I can change the coordinates to be in line with model requirements (Z location, Yaw, etc.), but if I set it to the basic skeleton or try to test it in game, it distorts and looks absolutely horrendous, if not outright invisible from certain angles.
    I use Blender, and I've tried for a few weeks to find a fix, but I'm not finding anything that helps me. It could just be something obvious my own stupidity overlooks, but if anyone can help, I'd be very grateful. If more details are needed, I can try to provide them to the best of my knowledge, which is admittedly not much in this case.
    Last edited by Caellix; 08-12-2018, 06:12 PM.

• replied
    So far I haven't gotten any responses on the Blender forums. It doesn't seem like the most active place. It sucks having to wait for someone over there to help.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yes , the problem of ut3 is that the way of working the custom char was lost. And ue4 is more automated. By the plugins "what makes it very unstable." On reimporting the maya, it crashes.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Those are quite helpful! If someone on the Blender forums can help me learn how to work around its problems, we can actually get a move on and see about getting him working.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Here is a tutorial list of UT3 custom char. visual.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...zaJYe97oIWf_Eo

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thank you for that! Works like a charm! If I can figure out how to stop the distortion, he'll look pretty fantastic!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    oky, the mixed material is to use the transparent channel in the material that goes to the head and the rest to the body material. (two Maximum materials in ut3). custom materials are created like any other material. But the one that will change our behavior is the channel. (opaque, translucide, modular, off or lit.) For the varied material. Remember to create the node with the Parameter.

and finally. in the UC script, the Myparentbasematerial line is deleted. But the master skeleton will use the transparent channel.

You can use the sample of my ut3 mod "unreal 2 the awakening"

DL: http://www.mediafire.com/file/u901na...ening+Beta.rar

Copy in unpublished and view in ut3 editor. Reference

Note: if you are going to try the mod in ut3. You will see that the translucent channel in the menu may fail. This is because the original Menu Map of ut3. It was configured in the kimset. But in the game it will work perfectly.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Ut3trancluce.jpg Views:	1 Size:	303.2 KB ID:	402195
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Ut3trancluce2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	266.3 KB ID:	402196

If you have doubts, elaborate a more detailed tutorial.

class UTFamilyInfo extends UTFamilyInfo
    abstract;

defaultproperties
    {
    Faction=""
    FamilyID="X"
    ArmMeshPackageName=""
    ArmMeshName=""
    ArmSkinPackageName=""
    AnimSets(0)=AnimSet'CH_AnimHuman.Anims.K_AnimHuman_BaseMale'
    NeckStumpName="SK_CH_IronG_Male_NeckStump01"
    PhysAsset=PhysicsAsset'CH_AnimHuman.Mesh.SK_CH_BaseMale_Physics'
    SoundGroupClass=Class'UTGame.UTPawnSoundGroup'
    VoiceClass=Class'UTGame.UTVoice_DefaultMale'
    BaseMICParent=MaterialInstanceConstant'Package.Materials.X' /// Delete line
    BioDeathMICParent=MaterIAlInstanceConstant'CH_All.MaterIAls.MI_CH_All_Necris_BioDeath'
    MasterSkeleton=SkeletalMesh'CH_All.Mesh.SK_Master_Skeleton_Human_Male_traslucideMat'
    CharEditorIdleAnimName="CC_Human_Male_Idle"
    Gibs(0)=(BoneName="b_LeftForeArm",GibClass=Class'UTGame.UTGib_HumanArm')
    Gibs(1)=(BoneName="b_RightForeArm",GibClass=Class'UTGame.UTGib_HumanArm',bHighDetailOnly=True)
    Gibs(2)=(BoneName="b_LeftLeg",GibClass=Class'UTGame.UTGib_HumanChunk')
    Gibs(3)=(BoneName="b_RightLeg",GibClass=Class'UTGame.UTGib_HumanChunk',bHighDetailOnly=True)
    Gibs(4)=(BoneName="b_Spine",GibClass=Class'UTGame.UTGib_HumanTorso')
    Gibs(5)=(BoneName="b_Spine1",GibClass=Class'UTGame.UTGib_HumanChunk')
    Gibs(6)=(BoneName="b_Spine2",GibClass=Class'UTGame.UTGib_HumanBone')
    Gibs(7)=(BoneName="b_LeftLegUpper",GibClass=Class'UTGame.UTGib_HumanChunk',bHighDetailOnly=True)
    Gibs(8)=(BoneName="b_RightLegUpper",GibClass=Class'UTGame.UTGib_HumanChunk',bHighDetailOnly=True)
    HeadGib=(BoneName="b_Head",GibClass=Class'UTGame.UTGib_HumanHead')
    DeathMeshSkelMesh=SkeletalMesh'CH_Skeletons.Mesh.SK_CH_Skeleton_Human_Male'
    DeathMeshPhysAsset=PhysicsAsset'CH_Skeletons.Mesh.SK_CH_Skeleton_Human_Male_Physics'
    DeathMeshNumMaterIAlsToSetResident=1
    SkeletonBurnOutMaterIAls(0)=MaterIAlInstanceTimeVarying'CH_Skeletons.MaterIAls.MITV_CH_Skeletons_Human_01_BO'
    Name="Default__UTFamilyInfo_M"
    ObjectArchetype=UTFamilyInfo'UTGame.Default__UTFamilyInfo'
    Last edited by Skaa3z; 08-24-2018, 10:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I started a thread on the Blender forums to see if someone there can help with the displacement. In the meantime, I'll keep working on this and see if I can't get it figured out.

Didn't Epic code out transparent textures on character models? How did you get that to work?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Then the fault is of bandler and not of ue3. The same as in ue3 the coordination of the model can be corrected. but if the bones fail. I do not know how to operate from blender.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Turns out Blender glitched a bit and restored a previous save, where the model was improperly rigged. I took the time to fix that.

It seems we are facing 2 major problems here.

1. When the mesh is exported from Blender, it alters the skeleton, which naturally causes issues as the mesh detaches from it.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Displace1.png Views:	1 Size:	37.6 KB ID:	402180
    Notice that the glasses are in place here.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Displace2.png Views:	1 Size:	32.1 KB ID:	402181
    And now the skeleton is face down turned to the right while the mesh has been pushed upwards. Neither is in the correct position.

2. Blender can only import one animation out of a pack, and I don't have access to the animations individually.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The mesh has to be well assembled to the bones and its weight (rigg). To then import the psa and and see that all this OK Since, we are going to use a new anim set. We are also going to adjust the animation and the reaction time. In the video that I'm going to upload, I'll see how it has to be.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Evidently, I did something horribly wrong. It can be seen in the corner that the mesh isn't too bad, minus a stretched part, the window view is a another story.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Glasses3.png
Views:	1
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	402163

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ok, the master skeleton with its psa animation is already armed. The next thing is to test the compatibility of your skeleton with the ut3 base. So that no failures are generated in the UT3 Editor.
    Then we will test the model in UT3 Editor. To see how the mesh is carried.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    My apologies, I've been dealing with family issues, so I haven't had time to work on this for a few days.
    Following your advice, I tried exporting the animations, though only the female character select idle imports, and tried importing that.

For reference, this is what I had BEFORE exporting, using the glasses as the model again.

Name:	SkelDisplaced1.png
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	402145

And this is what came out.

Name:	SkelDisplaced2.png
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	402146

Leave a comment:

• replied
    OKy, if you succeed. import and export the psa and psk animations. in blender

Leave a comment:

Working...
X