Recent Performance Drop on AMD Drivers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recent Performance Drop on AMD Drivers

I last ran UT3 on my RX580 4gb around October/November, and was getting 100+ FPS as expected for a decade old game. Tried to run it yesterday and got 50-70 FPS regardless of settings. I figured I needed to update to the latest drivers, and with those I now get 20-40 FPS even with bottom settings. Looked around for some info on the topic, and found this thread claiming that recent AMD drivers perform poorly on UE3:

https://community.amd.com/thread/233580

Outside of that, I don't see anyone else talking about this (probably because UT3 is so old and niche) so I figured I'd ask here. Is anyone else on recent AMD cards and getting bad performance in UT3 with the latest drivers?

Originally posted by Gnalvl View Post
    I last ran UT3 on my RX580 4gb around October/November, and was getting 100+ FPS as expected for a decade old game. Tried to run it yesterday and got 50-70 FPS regardless of settings. I figured I needed to update to the latest drivers, and with those I now get 20-40 FPS even with bottom settings. Looked around for some info on the topic, and found this thread claiming that recent AMD drivers perform poorly on UE3:

https://community.amd.com/thread/233580

Outside of that, I don't see anyone else talking about this (probably because UT3 is so old and niche) so I figured I'd ask here. Is anyone else on recent AMD cards and getting bad performance in UT3 with the latest drivers?
    How to Upgrade my AMD processor do you know ?

Comment

Hey, I used to play on AMD
      but the only AMD machine i had is an AMD R5 M240 laptop
      last time i tried it was before your problem happened, but i must say, it ran well, around 30 fps (yes, this very low end GPU can run in this engine... I'm so glad and happy about that! Beautiful Epic graphics!)

Now I'm extremely proud of having the Nvidia 920m, because, boy
      This is year 2007, and you know what else is? PhysX Legacy that only Nvidia supports, AMD can't enable this, so physics never feel smooth enough and also eat the CPU.. (Especially in the PhysX maps, I literally swear that I get 5 of frames per second if i don't get physX on...)

Comment

Working...
      X