2. UT3 PS3 Community Content:
    3. UT3 PS3 Online Gameplay Options:
    4. UT3 PS3 Archive

Polite requests;

Spoiler

UT3 PS3/ Disc Info:

Spoiler

Tutorials
    • UT3 PS3v2 Ultimate User Guide; (will include);...
    • UT3 PS3 How to Modify UT3 PS3
    • UT3 PS3 How to Play Online (Methods; 1,2 & 3)
    • UT3 PS3 Downloads; Maps, Characters, Total Conversions (Weapons and script must be present with Maps)
    • UT3 PS3 How to Install Custom Content (Methods; 1,2 & 3)

FAQ:
    [spoiler]
    • Can UT3 PS3/XBox Go Online?
    - theoretically yes but Online play is Non-existant for PS3/ XBox
    - XBox is a bit easier to get online than PS3
    • How to install UT3 PS3/XBox Mods?
    - Non-existant for XBox, but is possible.
    - I have 2 new ways to package content (as content directly installed with the UT3 PS3 Blu Ray and as drag n drop to HDD, User.Jam files are the default method)
    - Links are Down for most PS3 content, [where has euchreplayer gone?]
    • How to Play UT3 PS3/XBox Online?
    - 3 Options;;
    - 1. XLink Kai or similar software, utilise LAN & proxy, using PC, to go online
    - 2. Using a Modified version of UT3 PS3, one which implements the same patch as UT3 PC but within the PS3 binary and ut.exe
    - 3. A recook of ut3 for PS3, onlinesubsystem etc.
    (this 3rd option is not really worth it, but the first 2 are fine)

[spoiler]

Links:

For those active and interested :

Spoiler
    Attached Files
    Last edited by TKBS; 06-20-2019, 10:50 PM.
    Internet BlackOut in <2 weeks,last chance to request 4 years of Unreal Development(something from every Unreal Engine 50+ maps, chars, weapons, mods, mutators and more).

UT3 PS3 Development and Community Content:
    • USER.JAM files can only be installed 1 at a time,
    • MAPPACKS can be directly installed as 'Updates' or 'Extras'.
    • Combining content with the UT3 PS3 Disc and installing a version of UT3 that includes the files already [as 1 big disc (i like this idea)]
    • Installation as pkg files; this requires PS3 DK
    • The only difference between between DLC & Mods on the PS3 is whether it is PSN Store based or not (respectively)

UT3 PS3 Folder Structure and files:

Same as the PS3 Game title but with a few important difference:

PARAM.SFO
    - afaik usually generated using the PS3 development software Epic would have used.
    * We can fake this file or use the titan pack.(?-should be fine?)

Spoiler

Thanks to euchreplayer and his PS3 stuff we already know some modifications to UT3 PS3 benefit from additional ".ini" information. Now, with a decompiled source to start with, we can also use the [special tags] Epic have included.

[".ini files" for mod distribution]

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

When dealing with MapPacks
    -
    (Specifically Maps Only) we simply use the sample code we already have used in the past

PS3-UTGAME.INI

Spoiler

UT3 PS3 Online Gameplay Options:

Spoiler

I have created a test PATCH and UT3 PS3v2 Boots fine.
    - I obviously cannot do much without Epics servers or permission, however the test works thus we are able to modify the file to point to any server
    Last edited by TKBS; 06-20-2019, 11:04 PM.
    Internet BlackOut in <2 weeks,last chance to request 4 years of Unreal Development(something from every Unreal Engine 50+ maps, chars, weapons, mods, mutators and more).

Comment

It's a shame that ut is dead. And epic let him die without more.

Comment

@Skaa3z
        Spend less time saying it is dead and more time playing. Hopefully we can get some PS3 action.
        Try to find reliable sources for PS3 downloads or reach out to people who have done similar things to what i am doing. Then come back and post them in your Comment above, No need for many comments- just use the EDIT
        * I wil try to install a mappack will multiple files or combine the files into the game installation itself

-All my projects end in **** unless someone else joins, and every project i have participated in has been much better with more people, it gets better results.

p.s.
        None of this crazy stuff is required for XBox 360 players, mods and online mode works without the batsh1t hax; just so y'all know
        Last edited by TKBS; 06-12-2019, 03:24 PM.

Comment

I do not walk from ps3 ut3 . But I'm still playing ut3 and creating mods. Only now I am reforming and optimizing data to be less mb.

Comment

UT3 PS3v2 Patching TEST
            https://mega.nz/#!t9IwUIhY!AHnppVxdp...yrKzEu5Iz71I_A
            • Only useful if someone from Epic allows it (i.e. they run a PS3 Server)
            • Uploaded purely for curious cats
            • Will not provide instructions until i learn more (i.e. test more like a full installtipon of UT3 PS3 with uppgraded maps and custom content included// no jam files)
            • EBOOT modified
            • exe not touched - this will require hex edit or an Unreal Editor recompile

UT3 PS3 Performance Changes
            ***Not provided, but will test various features soon***

Spoiler
            Last edited by TKBS; 06-20-2019, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Modified game now boots:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7EiVVS1JSk

Let's get Modding

Comment

Be Warned:

- After 2 weeks of testing and discussions with the admin @ PSX-place i have discovered that they use malicious code and Piracy methods for purposes we will not go into
                - Malicious scripts are shared, published and you can find links to pirate websites including pirated copies of UT3 are present
                - moderators of the forum share this stuff openly

- Note that 3/4 admins are nice people and safe to talk to, as are the majority of poor users that end up infected by the site,
                ** but 1 admin "STL..." produces malicious script and basically owns the other admin of the site.

I have a private discussion with the other admin saved, and the moment that STL was caught. The PSX-place will still continue, the UT3 PS3 project will still continue, but i cannot recommend this site is visited whilst this behaviour continues.

Thanks to "Sandungas" and the trusted admin at PSX-place for the help, your inut was greatly appreciated.

P.S. any files i distribute are safe, unfortunately some of the tools used to create content will need to be cared with other avilable resurces for safety.

Instructions of modding UT3 PS3 directly and getting it online can be provided if anyone wants it
                Last edited by TKBS; 06-16-2019, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TKBS View Post
                  Be Warned:

- After 2 weeks of testing and discussions with the admin @ PSX-place i have discovered that they use malicious code and Piracy methods for purposes we will not go into
                  - Malicious scripts are shared, published and you can find links to pirate websites including pirated copies of UT3 are present
                  - moderators of the forum share this stuff openly

- Note that 3/4 admins are nice people and safe to talk to, as are the majority of poor users that end up infected by the site,
                  ** but 1 admin "STL..." produces malicious script and basically owns the other admin of the site.

I have a private discussion with the other admin saved, and the moment that STL was caught. The PSX-place will still continue, the UT3 PS3 project will still continue, but i cannot recommend this site is visited whilst this behaviour continues.

Thanks to "Sandungas" and the trusted admin at PSX-place for the help, your inut was greatly appreciated.

P.S. any files i distribute are safe, unfortunately some of the tools used to create content will need to be cared with other avilable resurces for safety.

Instructions of modding UT3 PS3 directly and getting it online can be provided if anyone wants it

Hello TKBS,

There are only two admins @ psx-place and that is myself (STLcardsWS) and Grimm you did not work with any of us or discuss anything with us for two weeks Also kind of hard for 3/4 of the admin to be nice when there is nly two admins, You may of been talking to Sandungas, he is not an admin of the site but a moderator of the site, who your right is a great person.. Also you have found no malicious code on the site as there is not any, so quite spreading lies, but be my guest prove it wrong.. Also we do many things to combat piracy, such as censoring tools that you had listed on your site that is used for piracy and that is about it with p**d*. Also you will not find any pirated links because there is none and we censor many of the URLs when we see them. for example try posting that tool there and instead of that tool you have listed on your sire on our site the one you say has all kinds of pirated material will show *** PlayStation Store *** instead, hmmm... At least know what you are talking about when you are making up stories...

Comment

Working...
                  X